Thread: springfield service for XD-9

springfield service for XD-9

Friend of mine has an XD-9, which he likes. I think it is a solid gun. SA claims lifetime warranty. Has anyone sent XD to Springfield Armory for service/refinish? The gun saw ~1000 or so rounds and was carried in a holster. I wonder if they refinish the gun under warranty, like Glock does. My friend is an original owner, but what if I buy the gun from him? Will it cost a lot to refurb it? I do not have any experience with Springfield CS.
    TIA

Don't hold me to this, but I don't think they cover cosmetics, only function. I emailed them a while ago to ask if a 1911 I was buying used would still be covered, and they made a strong point of noting that the finish was not, but the function was. How bad does the gun look though? I have a black Service model and a bitone subcompact that have both seen around 1500 rounds, and the wear on the black one isn't bad at all; you have to look for it to notice. The bitone still looks like new. I carry them both, but I carry the bitone one more often.

Administrator   
    From what I understand, they only fix the finish on the original XDs.

That finish was not as durable as they thought it would be, it seems.

So if it's an old one, and it's rusting, they might refinish it for you.
    "Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

Home | Forum | Blog | ❏ PicPaste | ImgDump |☎ Nalioth

The gun saw ~1000 or so rounds and was carried in a holster. I wonder if they refinish the gun under warranty, like Glock does.
    There was a rust issue, for a while, that SA covers (IRRC).
    "Whom have I in heaven but you
    And beside you I desire nothing on earth." --PS 73