Thread: Poll: Public Disarmament in Illinois?

Poll: Public Disarmament in Illinois?

Gun poll in Cook County, IL
    Right NOW in CHICAGO:

To to justify passage of gun control ordinances designed to close all gun shops, then ban and confiscate the guns owned by citizens of Cook county Illinois, the County Board is conducting a telephone poll.

Here is how to voice your opposition to this infringement on the rights of Chicagoland residents:
    Call 1-312 -603-6400 and select Option #1 when prompted.
    At the next prompt, select Option #1 again.
    Then, when prompted to vote on the gun control ordinance, press #2.
    Call! Because the rights we fight for are the ones we keep. You should also forward this alert on to all your gun owning friends and have them vote too. You should also post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you belong.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A RESIDENT OF COOK COUNTY TO VOTE!

(This was taken from
    http://ridenshoot.blogspot.com/2008/...county-il.html)
    'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have..'

just made the call,,,,and copied it to an e-mule and sent it out over the wire,,,i hope they get flooded,,,,LOL

ocharry
    YHS
    ocharry

made the call
    Jahwarrior said: I could've given them my ID, but I am right, and obstinate about being so. so, yes,I could've ended it by just cooperating, but that would have hypocritical, lazy, and cowardly.

To to justify passage of gun control ordinances designed to close all gun shops, then ban and confiscate the guns owned by citizens of Cook county Illinois, the County Board is conducting a telephone poll.
    This is a very dangerous precedent. We need to act on this. I voted.
    "I work in the back. I see no smiles"--"Bruce Allmighty"

for some odd reason my cell, which is the only one i got, wont let me call is there anyone i can email?
    The Big Bang came from the muzzle blast of God's Colt BP revolver. He wanted to test out the gun that made all men equal before he created man in the first place.

Done.
    ccsniper try cookcountygov.com

fixed my phone! i just called. im gonna email too though.
    The Big Bang came from the muzzle blast of God's Colt BP revolver. He wanted to test out the gun that made all men equal before he created man in the first place.

is this posted on the other site too? it needs to be. and also on all the pro gun sites out there.

yes it is copied on the .ORG

I posted it on a pro 2A area of a Motorcycle Forum I frequent, but not on any other forums.
    'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have..'

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...537893819675&p

ban and confiscate the guns owned by citizens of Cook county Illinois

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp on the right of the citizen to own and carry guns.
    Because of their tremendous reputation, the soldiers of the old guard were permitted liberties which would not have been tolerated in other units. When Napoleon met Tsar Alexander of Russia at Tilsit in 1807 he pointed to a terribly scarred Grenadier. "What do you think of men who can endure such wounds?" he asked. " and what do you think of men who can inflict them?" replied the Tsar. "They're all dead!" interjected the Grenadier, settling the issue once and for all.

called and voted.
    Too many people {trade} rights {for} morality. I am certain that everyone here wants to live in a moral society. But, if you are going to live in a free society, you have to be willing to let people corrupt themselves. -- paraphrased from Sheik Yerbouti

Called and voted.

no_problem, that's a great video; thanks for posting it.

I used to live in illinois, and I have friends still there that would be affected by this, so I did my part, and am passing word to them.
    "What's next?Maybe a ban on lips so you won't shoot your mouth off at someone?" ~Pbearperry

"In fact, if I ever got shot while holding one, I fully expect the rifle to yell at me in Russian to get up and stop being such a pansy." ~CannonFodder in reference to the SKS

How do we know what we are voting on when the recording only says if we support it press one and if we oppose it press 2? There is no description of what we are supporting or opposing. That is a very dangerous poll in which to vote.
    When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me!© GRB

http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/

How do we know what we are voting on when the recording only says if we support it press one and if we oppose it press 2? There is no description of what we are supporting or opposing. That is a very dangerous poll in which to vote.
    When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me!© GRB

Made the call. I don't see how this can be construed as "voting" though. Am I supposed to believe this is how they vote in new laws in Chicago?
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - The Nuge

Made the call. I don't see how this can be construed as "voting" though. Am I supposed to believe this is how they vote in new laws in Chicago?
    "To my mind, it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - The Nuge

Voted, my mom lives in the northwest Indiana area, which is practically Chicago; those that have been there know.
    “When you understand the nature of a thing, you know what it is capable of.”
    -Miyamoto Musashi

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

deleted
    Last edited by neviander; December 1st, 2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: dupicate post
    “When you understand the nature of a thing, you know what it is capable of.”
    -Miyamoto Musashi

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

thats an amazing video!!!