Thread: VIRGINIANS: Sign this petition!

Exclamation VIRGINIANS: Sign this petition!

As some of you know, I am originally from Richmond, VA. I am trying to help people in VA as including my family who are still there by posting this link to sign a petition against "Dangerous ID" (called "Real ID in the legislation). What this is, to the best of my understanding, is a RFID chip that would be part of your drivers license. This chip would be used, among many other things, to track your firearm and ammo purchases. If we can get this voted down, our privacy will remain ours. If it sticks, the .gov will be able to track many things we do, such as: medical purchases, travel records, bank accounts, medical records, and many other things. So please, if you live in VA, sign this petition and help get this voted out!

http://campaignforliberty.com/campai...ngerous_id.php

Also, This seems to be limited to VA residents only.
    Last edited by Dgreno; December 5th, 2008 at 04:02 PM.

Done.

^^ x 2

+1 I'd hit it!
    Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy" NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV
    I don't have NEAR enough ammo!

Ummm. Maybe I'm not seeing the connection here between a microchip on my D/L and my gun purchases, medical records, bank accounts, etc. What does my drivers license have to do with any of that other stuff? Who will read the microchip? How will it be read? Do you mean to say that there will be hundreds of state employees watching computer screens 24 hours a day just to ferret out information about me? I didn't realize I was that important! Golly Gee Whiz! I better start looking out for the paparazzi!

Bigjohnson, your snide comments are rather unnecessary. I was just passing on info from Campaign For Liberty about dangerous legislation. If you don't fight the little stuff, the big stuff will come, soon. I am sorry that my privacy is more important to me than yours is to you.

Done

Jim

Signed.

Caryn

BigJohnson, I am not a resident of Virginia so I couldn't sign the petition but I would have if I could have. The law may not immediately affect gun and ammo purchases or other privacy issues but it is the foot in the door to do so. All it will take is a law requiring scanning of the drivers license before you can purchase guns or ammo at which point the data will be available to the state or Fed. You are talking about electronic accountability now. All that will require is entering your name or drivers license number into a computer to retrieve all the data that was scanned with your dl. All it would take is a line of code that raises a red flag if you make very many gun or ammo purchases. Then they can investigate you without your knowledge. I know you probably don't think it could happen but look how the FISA act got abused. If they want you they will find every way to get you.
    Remember, give em and inch and they will take a mile.