Thread: Remington 870 Youth/Adult Stock

Remington 870 Youth/Adult Stock

All -

Can you take the adult sized stock off of a Remington 870 and place a Youth stock in it's place? This would be moving from 12 Gauge 870 to another....

I have a chance to pick up an 870 for cheap (trying to stop my fiance from stealing mine, so I figured that I'd buy her her own....) but she is small in stature....and the youth ones she has handled are just right....So would I be able to get an aftermarket youth stock and have it fit the receiver properly?

Yes. All the 12 gauges are the same size receiver. They sell the stocks all over the place, too.

Yes. Did that not long ago with a YE 20 gauge and now have a full length stock that fits me much better.
    BA/UU/R....

All 12 gauge Remington 870 stocks interchange. I use the short stocks (12-13" LOP) for my service guns, makes the gun easier to mount using armor, or just heavy clothing, and if one has to loan one to someone else, no problem on their size. Since I prize compactness and use short barrels, gives me another inch or two less on the back end. Makes a difference in vehicles, boats and aircraft.
    Actually all mine also interchange on the 1100/1187 guns also, but they are all aftermarket stocks, I do not know about the factory semi stocks.
    The Islamic terrorist express; go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Thanks all......I was just unsure as to whether or not they had different sized recievers or not, so I just wanted to make sure before I went out and bought a youth stock for it that it would fit the gun for my fiance.