Thread: No holster love for the P229R?

No holster love for the P229R?

Well at sucks!
    Got nothing but Bagmaster (not that there’s anything wrong with that! ) holsters and thought I’d give a leather rig a try. Had kinda settled on Galco FX Suede-saw a FLETCH at a shop today and thought the interior was a bit rough, so thinking ‘bout going with something softer inside. The FX Suede is supposed to be the FLETCH with suede lining, but Galco does not make it for the P229R. Their website shows the same model FLETCH for both P229 and P229R, but not so for the FX Suede. Called ‘em and was told not a mistake on the website-sounds like the addition of the suede lining knocks the P229R outta the fit chart for the FX Suede!

So…anybody got any suggestions? I’m looking for:
    1. Leather/Black
    2. Angled, probably a bit of a high rise
    3. Lined interior
    4. Retention strap
    5. OWB (but IWB suggestions welcome)

Guess I’ll have to start checking out everybody else’s website, but Galco’s does make it nice by allowing to narrow down by firearm model first.

I thought after I narrowed it down to the FX Suede I’d then go to other sites and compare, but some of aren’t nearly as easy to find your particular model as Galco’s site is.

Suggestions appreciated!

EDIT:
    DeSantis looking good so far! Thumb Break Scabbard looks like Galco FLETCH with options box for color, lining, etc, which would make it equivalent to Galco's FX Suede. Also make it for SIG SP2022-I've seen few sites even mention the SP2022!
    Not a lot of luck with Safariland, Gould & Goodrich, Bianchi. Some are promising, but no suede lining option that I can see.
    High Noon Holster's Sky High and Slide Guard are now on my short list-pricier, but use a synthetic lining they claim is better than suede.
    Last edited by basicblur; December 10th, 2008 at 01:19 PM.
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

That's strange. I am issued a 229R for work and I have never had a problem finding holsters for it. Try looking at FIST Holsters, too.

I'll check 'em out. Somebody over at the "other" High Road suggested High Noon Holsters. I've put their Sky High and Slide Guard on my short list.

Pricier than the DeSantis Speed Scabbard, but they use a synthetic lining which they claim is better than suede. I know suede does have some downsides to it.
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

Now try not to laugh too hard, but to soften any leather holster, go to Walmart or any other pharmacy, etc and get some LANSINOH brand pure lanolin... usually found in the breastfeeding section. It was the cheapest source of a 100% pure lanolin I could find and after slathering it generously inside the holster, putting my pistol in a plastic bag and pushing it all the way in, snapped shut.... left it on the back of my computer monitor for a couple of days for that indirect warmth allowing the lanolin to soak in completely.... not only is my holster a perfect fit, but is incredibly soft, smooth inside and leaves no residue on my pistol.
    One side note... the first time I bought the Lansinoh, along with 3-4 boxes of ammo at Wally-World... should have seen the look on the clerks face!