Thread: Inside America's Gun Culture

Inside America's Gun Culture

Hmm i must of missed this show on Nat Geo

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vid=...5930&GT1=42006

Edit: Cool its actually on Today 12/9 at 9pm CT

AAAAAAAAAA? Interesting, not quite as left of center as I would expect.

I thought it interesting that they mentioned that gun sales are up 8% - I think it is more then that now. The main reason is people are scared - scared of a lot of things.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

I thought it was pretty well balanced. Quite a suprise.

i do wish they wouldn't alwasy single out texas. They could have easily said "In 40(or how ever many) other states, she can buy as many guns as she can afford."
    i need a job. hire me.

Yeah, they did their best to try and push in their anti-gun agenda. It's all in the presentation. The same facts can be hard to swallow when presented in a scary way. I'm referring to what was said about Texas law.

I saw about half of this. As others have said, it wasn't as anti-gun as I might have expected. Placement is key, though: the show immediately after it was about Neo-Nazis and the show before it was about some other weird and/or illegal activities.

I did like the segment done with the woman who wanted to defend her family; I noticed that it was done at the Dominion range in Richmond.

For those who are LEOs, was the way the cop acted normal? He seemed to have unholstered his gun pretty quickly.
    IANAL. TINLA. BYOB.
    You can't spell "B.O.H.I.C.A." without B.H.O.

It was not as bad as it could of been but I was not thrilled with the show.
    A bunch of us on m1911.org had a thread going about the show.
    I reckon it could of been worse but many of the facts were skewed.
    From my cold dead hands.
    If it ain't a Colt it is a copy.

I thought it was very biased, but in mostly subtle ways. I forget his name, but the guy who immigrated from Cyprus? (I think) was awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a member of THR or TFL. I thought he represented gun owners very well. One odd statement the narrator (Peter Coyote) made was that if the Greek guy's guns were stolen, they could end up in the hands of criminals....WTH...is the thief not a criminal? There were many of the standard idiotic anti statements in the mix as well. " A thousand rounds a minute" capability statement was uttered after covering a legal MG shooting scene in the desert.

Far too much time was spent in this show covering the illegal and immoral use of guns by homeboys. I realize that guns are part of a huge urban violence problem...but the central issue there is crime and morality...not guns.

I watched the show about the skinheads right before watching this. I've always been thoroughly disgusted by racists and Nazi types...but after watching the gang-banger crap on this program, I can (sorta) understand why some white kids are turning to such stuff. I can also better understand "gun fatigue" experienced by urban LE.
    Liberals are generally good people, who fill the life raft with so many good intentions that it sinks...drowning all aboard.