Thread: Colt to make any 9mm's?

Colt to make any 9mm's?

There is a local dealer that can get me a killer discount on a Colt 1911 after the first of the year. I asked if that included 9mm. He said "Yes, whatever Colt has." Then, after hanging up, I thought "Colt doesn't make a 9mm right now."

So, are there any whisperings that Colt may make a 1911 in 9mm? (I know they have before)

Near the border of occupied Azlan and Mexico.
    The closest thing Colt makes to a nine millimeter is the .38 Super.
    It's not a bad cartridge, although ammo is gonna be a tad expensive!!
    Our Government is corrupt from the top down to the lowly dogcatcher!!!

If it's time to bury 'em, it's time to use 'em!!

At a local gunstore I've seen a Colt 1911 or 1991 in 40cal and I've also seen a factory Colt 9mm mag for sale at another.

I remember seeing what I belive is a Colt 9mm at gunstore a few months back, but it was an older model.

You could wait and see what the SHOT show will bring.
    From my cold dead hands.
    If it ain't a Colt it is a copy.

If you saw either a Series 80 Govt. or 1991A1 in factory .40S&W for less then a grand -->buy it. These were rare birds.

Funnel

Colt used to make 9mm 1911s. I once bought a much (ab)used 9mm Combat Commander. Colt customer service confirmed that it really was built as a 9mm. I eventually sent the slide back to Colt to have some of the previous owner's Bubba-izing undone. There wasn't much that could be done for the barrel, though, and the Colt 9mm barrels were smaller in OD than their .45 barrels. A newerm fatter 9mm barrel could certainly have been fitted using a different barrel bushing, but that would have further detracted from whatever originality the gun had left (which admittedly wasn't much).