Thread: Hottest ammo for 380 ACP and 32 ACP

Question Hottest ammo for 380 ACP and 32 ACP

I saw +P 32ACP ammo on www.midwayusa.com
    Is it safe to shoot in KelTec P32 ?

What is the heaviest and hottest loaded commercially available ammo in 380 and 32 ACP ? Preferably FMJ.

Please recommend.

EDIT AT ADD: Is +P 380 safe to shoot in Ruger LCP ???

A Makarov? Simple, easy and works perfectly every time. íVale!

For definitive info and warranty provisos you'll need to contact Keltec and Ruger. Some manufacturers specifically advise against the use of "non-standard" ammunition in their manuals and that definition is nearly always based upon the SAAMI specs for the cartridge in question.

"+P" is, by definition, loaded to non-standard pressures. Personally, I'd ask them before doing much experimentation with heavy loads. It could save you some potential hassles should anything break under the added strain.

FWIW, my personal opinion is that the locked breech design of both the Keltec and Ruger is inherently a whole heckuva lot "safer", relatively speaking, to try non-standard loads in than any blow-back action of the same caliber.

But it's also MO that a steady diet of heavy loads will take an equally heavy toll on the weapon in terms of service life. They'll also be a lot tougher on the shooter.

John Taffin recently had a test article on the Ruger LCP. He's got a bunch more experience with and tolerance for heavy recoil than I do. His comment on the Buffalo Bore +P .380 loads in the little Ruger were words to the effect that they made it a "real bear" to control and were quite 'uncomfortable' to shoot.

YMMV, but in such diminutive and lightweight arms it might become an issue.
    "A generation which ignores history has no past - and no future."
    Robert A. Heinlein