Thread: MSSA - Important Event In Montana

MSSA - Important Event In Montana

Subject: Important event! Helena, 1/7
    Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:57:58 -0700
    To: mssa@mtssa.org

NRA/MSSA Legislative Reception, January 7th

Dear MSSA Friends,

MSSA and the NRA will co-host a reception for legislators AND FOR YOU at the Colonial Inn in Helena, on Wednesday, January 7th, from 6 to 8 PM. This is planned for the first week of the 2009 legislative session.

Here's the deal. We want articulate, informed pro-gun people from across Montana to attend the reception and visit with legislators about RKBA issues and especially about the bills MSSA will have before the Legislature. Most important of these is our flagship Self-Defense Bill.

Because this reception will last until 8 PM, and given the size of Montana and likely driving conditions, I've arranged a group rate for rooms at the Colonial for Wednesday night. The cost for a single or double is $96.25 (including tax). To reserve a room, call the Colonial at 443-2100 and ask for the group rate for the "NRA Reception."

Also, we wish to conduct a workshop about MSSA legislative issues from 4 PM to 6 PM, to make sure you folks are up to speed on our bills, to help you in conversations with legislators during the reception. We've reserved the "Judicial Room" for that. So, try to be in Helena by 4PM for this work session.

This invitation is NOT for the general public - not for everyone. If you have a friend you wish to bring who is knowledgeable and articulate about the RKBA, fine. We'd especially like people who are leaders of local gun clubs, and who are ALSO presentable and knowledgeable advocates of the RKBA. (We believe that includes you, or you wouldn't be on the MSSA email list.)

This is a VERY IMPORTANT event - important to building momentum for our issues in the Legislature. We need as many of you to attend as possible. Yes, winter travel is a pain. Yes, we're all stressed for money to pay for gas and lodging. But, this is an important event. If many of you can show, this event will help a lot to launch our 2009 legislative agenda.

If you can plan to attend, I'd like to know so I can make plans. Shoot me an email and let me know if you plan to be there. Thanks!!

I really hope to see you in Helena on the 7th.

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president
    Montana Shooting Sports Association
    http://www.mtssa.org
    author, Gun Laws of Montana
    http://www.mtpublish.com
    Closed Account

Update~~~

Subject: Legislative Reception; Helena, 1/7
    Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:25:27 -0700
    To: mssa@mtssa.org

Dear MSSA Friends,

Merry Christmas.

This email is to remind you about our Legislative Reception that I HOPE you can attend on Wednesday, January 7th in Helena. Since this is an evening reception, I recommend overnighting in Helena that evening if you have far to drive to get home. The reception is at the Colonial Inn, and available rooms there are nearly gone.

So, better call the Colonial ASAP (info below) to reserve a room if you want one.

Best wishes,

Gary

==============================

NRA/MSSA Legislative Reception, January 7th

Dear MSSA Friends,

MSSA and the NRA will co-host a reception for legislators AND FOR YOU at the Colonial Inn in Helena, on Wednesday, January 7th, from 6 to 8 PM. This is planned for the first week of the 2009 legislative session.

Here's the deal. We want articulate, informed pro-gun people from across Montana to attend the reception and visit with legislators about RKBA issues and especially about the bills MSSA will have before the Legislature. Most important of these is our flagship Self-Defense Bill.

Because this reception will last until 8 PM, and given the size of Montana and likely driving conditions, I've arranged a group rate for rooms at the Colonial for Wednesday night. The cost for a single or double is $96.25 (including tax). To reserve a room, call the Colonial at 443-2100 and ask for the group rate for the "NRA Reception."

Also, we wish to conduct a workshop about MSSA legislative issues from 4 PM to 6 PM, to make sure you folks are up to speed on our bills, to help you in conversations with legislators during the reception. We've reserved the "Judicial Room" for that. So, try to be in Helena by 4PM for this work session.

This invitation is NOT for the general public - not for everyone. If you have a friend you wish to bring who is knowledgeable and articulate about the RKBA, fine. We'd especially like people who are leaders of local gun clubs, and who are ALSO presentable and knowledgeable advocates of the RKBA. (We believe that includes you, or you wouldn't be on the MSSA email list.)

This is a VERY IMPORTANT event - important to building momentum for our issues in the Legislature. We need as many of you to attend as possible. Yes, winter travel is a pain. Yes, we're all stressed for money to pay for gas and lodging. But, this is an important event. If many of you can show, this event will help a lot to launch our 2009 legislative agenda.

If you can plan to attend, I'd like to know so I can make plans. Shoot me an email and let me know if you plan to be there. Thanks!!

I really hope to see you in Helena on the 7th.

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president
    Montana Shooting Sports Association
    http://www.mtssa.org
    author, Gun Laws of Montana
    http://www.mtpublish.com
    Closed Account