Thread: Open carry in Texas

Open carry in Texas

We are having a rally at the Capitol in Austin, Tx on Jan. 13th @ 7:30 AM. It is to support open carry legislation. All are welcome to come. No long guns, empty holsters, or toy or fake guns, please. Have t-shirts and signs if you like.
    Luke 22:36

Sounds like good ground rules

Please post a followup about how many people come, what sort of reaction if any people seem to have, etc.

I don't live there any more, but hope that Texas gets open carry one day ... maybe some of the reason it doesn't is defensiveness about being the one state in the union that people in the other states probably associate most with everyone carrying guns around

timothy

It will be interesting to see how the legislature responds to public support for open carry.

7:30 a.m.?! Isn't that a tad early? If it were at noon or so, more people would be willing to come.
    “When you understand the nature of a thing, you know what it is capable of.”
    -Miyamoto Musashi

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

That is a Tuesday. I will not be able to attend. The whole job thing and all.
    "Touch Not A Cat's Butt At Target"

I hope everyone who has the opportunity to join this takes it I'm out of the country and unable to attend so please attend folks!

Does anyone have the over/under on the chances of this bill passing?
    Buck Nekkid

That's the way I wuz born...that's the way I'll die

As far as I know...none of the representatives have even stepped up to support the bill. You can find out more information at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/20127.html

I thought I read where a San Antonio legislator is sponsoring this bill. If so, who is he?
    Buck Nekkid

That's the way I wuz born...that's the way I'll die