Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand New Parent!!!

If you are a happy and confident OC carrier, there is no reason to cover it up now... if anything more reason to leave it shining.
    Dont listen to the people who prat about that you will be a target, I have asked for proof of this... other than 1 or 2 random encounters.. and they cant produce it.
    It is usually an "Uncle Fred" story.
    Uncle Fred had his gun grabbed... Uncle Fred got challenged by a drunk at a restaurant, Uncle Fred had a motorcycle wreck and all bike riders are insane.
    Enjoy your child, keep them safe, teach them well.
    Dont hide your guns from them, teach them about them at an early age.
    Teach them respect and give them bounds, respect them and earn theirs.
    Just because you have a girl, dont let her get away with anything you wouldnt let a son get away with.
    Be just, fair, and firm.

Jim

Congrats!

My wife and I have a 4 y.o. son and another on the way. Kids are a life changer, but I can't imagine things without my son. He's so much fun to have around.

My personal opinion is that when I leave the house with my family, I am armed. By myself, I have the option of turning tail and running. With a family in tow, it ain't gonna happen.
    I wish I believed in reincarnation. Where's Charles "The Hammer" Martel when you need him?

www.bagpipeforum.com
    yes, I play the bagpipes. No, I don't wear a skirt. It's called a kilt.

Some of the smartest people I've known were "dumb hillbillies".

That's how I feel 1911 guy, running is not an option, and neither is losing in an armed confrontation. I have to defend my family, and I am proud to do so.

Thank you
    "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
    -Adlai Stevenson

Future gun owners

My littlest one just turned 2yrs old. Congratulations on new addition. My little girl for what ever reason, calls all guns an unh-unh perhaps while watching hunting shows with me she hears some noise she now thinks is the name for gun. At home, I oc in public concealed, mostly to keep my 6yr old form showing off dads cool gun. Have fun with the little one. And good luck!

Thanks.

She is 6 months old now, sitting on my lap right now, and the greatest joy I have ever known. I would do anything to protect her.
    "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
    -Adlai Stevenson

but has allways worried about what other people think, and now I am starting to understand that.
    That there is PC BS starting to creep in.......

....but from a purely tactical standpoint, CCW is the way to go: element of suprise and all.....
    "If it looks like a rabbit, and acts like a rabbit, it will be treated as such- prey for all predators.
    If it looks like a rabbit and bites like a rattlesnake, rabbits will be safer, and predators more reticent."

6 months old? What have you decided/tried? Did OCing work?

**how about practice drawing while shouldering the diaper bag? I'm still amazed how many things have to travel with small children.

She is 6 months old now, sitting on my lap right now, and the greatest joy I have ever known. I would do anything to protect her.
    My son turns 8 months today!
    Get CCW! Carry everywhere!

He got his first gun before he was born
    The day I found I was having a boy, I got him a Sig P220 Equinox. It will soon be his...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still Oc, but going to our CCW class on sunday. Yes I said our, I have convinced my wife to go and get her carry permit with me.

Yes I can draw while holding the diaper bag, and the carseat, which may be a little more complicated with a concieled weapon, and the new child on the way
    -Adlai Stevenson

Never know what true love is until you have a child,enjoy, they grow up far to soon, my advice to a young father don't spend so much time at work you miss your child growing up,and if possible plan on private schools it's worth the expense.

Thanks wingman, I do plan on spending all the time I can with her. Kids need that special father/child time.

She says mama, dada and a few other words now, is starting to crawl, and is the greatest joy I have ever known
    -Adlai Stevenson

JP: congrats on your angel. Mine is 37 and when she was a baby I was in awe. started her at 4 yrs old (just like I was when I started) and by 8.5 yrs. she could clear a Govt. 45 more safely than 95% of the men that I knew. She was a Marine for 16yrs. before injuries put her out of the Corp. But the Marines take care of their own and helped her get a GS 11 slot where she lived. the funny part was when she qualified, her Gunny asked her how she could qual expert with all her weapon. She just looked at him, batted those baby blues of hers and said--Daddy. The Gunny just roared. She had outshot him.

SP shop: thanks for posting the link to the K-31 page. Gotta get some of the goodies that I saw there for my K-31. Thanks
    Last edited by CantancerousCurmugon; September 21st, 2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: I had a brainfart momement!:)

Very nice story of your daughter Cantancerous, I can only hope mine will turn out that well.

I will teach her right.

We lost the new baby. Don't really know what to say about that; I'm pretty torn up about it. But we will try again. I really want a son, and I pray that God will grant us one.

I really like the parent's corner, gives me a place to talk about this stuff.

Thanks for reading
    -Adlai Stevenson

Unhappy Lost Baby

JPS: I so sorry for you and your wife. you both are in my prayers.

JPS, please accept condolences from me and mine; may God shelter the little one in his hand.
    "What's good for me might not be good for the weak-minded."- Augustus McRae

Thank you guys
    -Adlai Stevenson

JP sorry for your loss! I have been there, it is not easy or easily forgotten. My wife and I went through 2 miscarriages and the loss of our 3 month old son. We have 3 great children, the pain has grown less although I don't believe it will ever be gone. All you can do is be strong for yourselve and your wife and I hope in the end all works out for you as it has for me. Again I am truly sorry for your loss, be strong brother!

We will be fine.
    She miscarried our new baby, but we still have our beautiful 9 month old girl.
    She gives me enough joy to get past the pain.
    -Adlai Stevenson

Have not looked at this thread in a while, just remembered about it.

So I did go with ccw, then decided on a smaller gun. Now I'm thinking about carrying 2.

Our little girl is almost 2 now, learning fast and so much fun.

Our new daughter was born Saturday. She was 5 weeks early, but almost perfectly healthy. She is beautiful.

I never thought that the protective feeling I have toward my family could get stronger, but then it did. I am thinking constantly about any and all the things I can do for all of them. I never knew how to be truely happy before I was a dad.
    -Adlai Stevenson

Ain't that the truth!
    You haven't loved until you have kids!

Jpsimms: it's been a while and I'm glad the Da is doing well. I have had more problems with logging in on this website than i have on any other one. Probably due to "senior moments" than anything else. How's it going with the Munchkins' ? God Bless to all.

Well, the 2 stepkids are getting bigger, 5 and almost 7. the oldest girl is still not too interested in shooting, but she wants a bow like her mommy has, so that is a good step. The 5 year old boy is all about going shooting, but we have not had time lately. They both know about the rules and have a good respect for firearms.

My 20 month old daughter is a handful, but lots of fun. She loves horses and cows, dogs and cats. She likes to climb things, like I did at that age, that scares me a little, but my family is known for being physically tough, so she will be ok when she falls.

My wife and new baby girl are doing great. Sleeping a lot, and being more beautiful than ever. I just sit and watch with amazement...
    There are not proper words.

And I am happy.
    -Adlai Stevenson

JP,Congragulations on the new baby. It's good to hear all is going well.

Milo H.

Congrat!!!!!

I can only hope you enjoy your family as much as I enjoy mine.

My wife and I have been married ten years and have two kids, a six year old son and one year old daughter. Sometimes when the question goes through my mind "What would I do for them", the answer is: Charge Hell with a squirt gun, if I had to.

They're a lot of effort, but well worth it. Can't hardly imagine life without them.
    I wish I believed in reincarnation. Where's Charles "The Hammer" Martel when you need him?

www.bagpipeforum.com
    yes, I play the bagpipes. No, I don't wear a skirt. It's called a kilt.

Some of the smartest people I've known were "dumb hillbillies".