Thread: Lee auto disk powder measure

Lee auto disk powder measure

Like the title says, anyone own one of these? From what I have read if you are using the powder through expander die you can use it, no matter what press you have? Can you use the charging bar with it, like the pro version?

I own two of the pro auto disk versions. They're good powder measures for ball powder. To use it as a powder through expander, you'll need to use a Lee powder through expanding die, which come with the Lee die pistol sets.

As far as the standard auto disk vs. the Pro, they're functionally the same, but the standard is made much cheaper. Since the Pro is not significantly more expensive than the standard, I strongly recommend you spend a bit more money and get the Pro version. The Pro will last longer, functions better and you'll spend less in the long run.

Regards,

Dave
    Dave In Statham, GA

Thanks for the repyly. Your advice echoes some that I have already received. What about the charging bar setup, is it worth it?

Depends entirely on what you're loading. That said, I advise going ahead and buying it, along with the double disk kit and the micro disk. After all, they're inexpensive and you'll pay more in shipping later on than what it costs if you buy all the goodies together. In fact, if you think you're going to use them on a turret or progressive press where the dies are mounted with it, but more than one, say, two power measures.

Regards,

Dave
    Dave In Statham, GA

I have one. It works well unless the chain slips. Secure it with a wire twisty tie or you'll end up with a pile of which all or some will be screwed. That happened to me recently.
    A Makarov? Simple, easy and works perfectly every time. ¡Vale!

I have the Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure, the double disk kit and the charge Bar. There isn't much I can't load. I find it to be a great set up.
    Mine is being used on my Lee Classic Cast Turret. It works great!
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Life Member
    C&R, 03 FFL, Texas CHL
    Recreational Reloader
    UA Plumbers & Pipefitters Local # 100 (retired after 40 years)

I have the same setup as aerod. Great combo. The Pro Auto Disk is much better than the standard.
    Guns Don't Kill People, Drivers On Cell Phones Kill People!

Florida Gun Forum

Another happy pro autodisc user here. It has never thown a bad charge.

I ended up getting an autodisk and I went ahead and bought an adjustable charge bar. Seems like decent quality stuff. I heard a lot of complaints about flake powder, but it does a pretty good job with 700x. I am getting ready to try bullseye or something along those lines too though, and I hear the autodisk is amazing with those powders.

When using flake powders (Clays and Unique, in my case) I have found that the disks that come with the dispenser are more consistent than the adjustable charge bar. I reckon that has something to do with the shape of the chamber.

Goog

I have the pro auto disk and it has been very accurate with powders like Bullseye, HS-6, Titegroup. Unique will give you problems but I hear it does in most powder measures.
    Rusty
    I don't ever remember being absent minded.

I have had good luck with Unique in mine so far the only powder that dosent work is h110it just spills all over the place

Really?? H110 meters great for me.

I have a couple that I use on my Dillon as well as the Lee Classic cast turret press. I have had zero issues and they are at least as accurate as the Dillon measure.

I used a Lee PPM when I first started reloading, and Win296/H110. It tore the heck out of the elastomer bushing in the PPM.

I hear the autodisk/autodisk pro also use an elastomer bushing.

Considering the mixed feelings on H110 from nhlivefree and 44magnum... what would you folks say about using another fine ball powder like AA#7 in an Autodisk Pro?

I am considering setting up a dedicated pistol-only turret press since I have all Lee dies for handgun and would like to use the powder-thru mouth expander dies since I've started shooting lead bullets exclusively.

Is AA#7 too fine for the autodisk?

44magnum I have only tried it once and it leaked out all over the place and was jamming the disk. Do you have the pro or regular auto disk?

H110 meters well for me, but it's a very fine powder so it still ends up leaking out bit by bit and getting all over (no jams though- it doesn't leak much on a given charge, but a little here and a little there, and 100 rounds later, well...). When I've finished loading using H110, I have to clean up my workspace. I don't have that problem with Universal.
    The family that shoots together, has interlocking fields of fire.

For those who are having problems with H110/W296 "leaking" in their Pro Auto Disk, change the rubber wiper at the bottom of the hopper. When you load 5000 or so rounds it gets very smooth and the gap widens. I changed mine when I saw the beginnings of a slight problem and it's now working like new again. I think it costs a Dollar so you might want to wait until you need more than that part since the S&H will be a lot more than the part!! LOL
    Remember boys and girls, gun control only prevents law abiding Americans from owning guns because the BG’s don’t obey the laws, no matter how restrictive or lenient the laws are!