Thread: North Carolinians - time to GET THINGS DONE!

North Carolinians - time to GET THINGS DONE!

So, there's a new Governor in town (or will be shortly). Said Governor was endorsed by the NRA over her opponent...which IMO could only have helped her victory.

So, seems as good a time as ANY for us Tarheels to start writing our State-level reps, as well as Governor-elect Perdue, and express our dissatisfaction with NC gun laws.

I think that the "biggie" needs to be that the "No CCW during states of emergency" MUST BE removed from the books! You think "state of emergency," and you think Katrina, or the LA riots, right? Precisely the time when people need to defend themselves the most! But forget that...do you realize that CCW has been prohibited in areas of NC ever since the DROUGHT caused the current Governor to declare a "state of Emergency????!" A drought, for pete's sake!

We NC gun owners have messed around far too long....it's time for a concentrated effort to improve our pathetic gun laws! Go to the Post Office and get some pre-stamped plain postcards and write your reps, and call too! Contact info ought to be at:

www.ncga.state.nc.us

Some points *I* found helpful during my first e-contact with the Governor-elect:

-reminding her of her NRA endorsement, and how that helped her win

-Stating that as an NRA member (if you are) that you expect to see her EARN the endorsement by pushing the GA to overhaul our gun laws and get rid of the overly-restrictive and plain nonsensical ones

-Pointing out that as NC RKBA enthusiasts....when communicating with other RKBA enthusiasts elsewhere that are considering a move to NC (more taxpayers for the state, no?) - we CANNOT wholeheartedly recommend NC due to the undue restrictions placed on the 2A in the State
    I should be very much obliged if you would slip your revolver into your pocket. An Eley's # 2 is an excellent argument with gentlemen who can twist steel pokers into knots.
    Sherlock Holmes

Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State.
    Heinrich Himmler

You like to fire assault weapons? I have a place for you. It's not in the homes and streets of America. It's called the Army, and you can join any time! Wes Clark

Also carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and removal of the pistol permit
    IANSA is the enemy.

"If someone is so fearful that they are going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have weapons at all." ~~Henry Waxman

Agreed, and I actually mentioned the former in my note I sent here:

http://www.bevperdue.com/free_details.asp?id=76

I even mentioned that if they really, REALLY wanted to exclude bars, just change it to say that you can't CCW in a place that makes most of it's revenue from sales of alcohol for on-site consumption. That way a CCWer isn't limited to McDonalds for a place to eat.

Anyhoo, someone who's been at this longer than me said it's best not to inundate them with TOO much info and too many demands at once. Hence the idea for postcards....as opposed to actual letters.
    I should be very much obliged if you would slip your revolver into your pocket. An Eley's # 2 is an excellent argument with gentlemen who can twist steel pokers into knots.
    Sherlock Holmes

Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State.
    Heinrich Himmler

You like to fire assault weapons? I have a place for you. It's not in the homes and streets of America. It's called the Army, and you can join any time! Wes Clark

Thanks for the heads up...

Green Lantern,
    I'm in South Carolina, but my family lives in North Carolina, and I was totally unaware of the CCW ban due to the drought. Good to know, however, so I don't end up in the county jail. Thanks for the heads up...

I'll email the governor's office and remind them that since we have reciprocity with your state, when we come there, we expect to be carrying legally... and that little "exception" to the law could cause a bit of friction between north and south neighbors if we start getting jailed for not knowing your state has declared a state of emergency. As you said, a "state of emergency" is exactly WHEN you need to be carrying...

WT
    "What man is a man that does not make the world a better place?"... from "Kingdom of Heaven"
    True patriots feel that there is no problem in our Republic that cannot be solved by election, windage and elevation, or superior firepower.

How could this be in a Red state?