Thread: Georgia Lt. Governor Cagle Stands Against New Gun Laws

Georgia Lt. Governor Cagle Stands Against New Gun Laws

In a recent news article Lt. Governor Cagle took a stand against changing Georgia's public gathering section of the gun laws. In doing so he made the statement “People should be content with where we are.” Georgians please write Lt. Governor Cagle and let him know, politely, that we're not content with current gun laws. Here's the story:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...1/06/guns.html
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

I noticed in the article that an ammunition encoding bill is also proposed. Might want to mention that in a similar letter.
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

please write Lt. Governor Cagle and let him know, politely, that we're not content with current gun laws
    Emphasis on "politely" if you're going to be writing, folks. David Codrea already fired an angry first volley on the matter, and though I respect his other writing, his response in this case isn't going to help.

During last year's legislative session, there was a great deal of angst and teeth-gnashing on both sides, and the bill we got was literally pushed through at the 11th hour. There's a great deal of opposition, particularly from lawmakers in the Atlanta area, and they love the opportunity to portray us as hair-trigger yokels.

Last year, my senator (who is very pro-2A) received some truly troubling and vulgar correspondence from pro-2A folks (all of which was email, by the way) who perceived him as dragging his feet. Like it or not, that's not how we persuade people who may be on the fence.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in Cagle, and I'm more than a little angry. I'll be getting in touch with my legislators, and I'll be writing him as well. What I won't be doing is giving him an excuse to say, "look at these guys! They called me a _____! Do you really want these people carrying guns on campuses/churches/public gatherings?"
    "I believe in .44 Special the way some folks believe in Elvis." --Michael Bane