Thread: SMG Magazine compatable Automatic Pistol?

Question SMG Magazine compatable Automatic Pistol?

Has there ever been a concept for an Automatic Pistol(EG M1911, HiPower etc) to be compatable with straight/curved Submachine gun magazines?
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

You mean an SMG mag in a pistol or a pistol mag in an SMG? Never heard of the former. Wouldn't be impossibly depending on the design. The CF had 10 round mags for our Sterling SMG's. Used by Armoured crew. Not a pistol mag though.
    I have a 20 round mag for my BHP. It was made for it though.

Only thing close are the 'pistols' made by stupid laws to be semi-auto, stockless versions of SMGs: the Mac pistols that use M3 or Sten mags, the "Uzi Pistol", SP89 using MP5 magas, etc.

Curved mags with standard 'fed through the grip' designs aren't going to be particularly functional or useful.

The .45 ACP MAC 10 uses modified M3 Grease Gun magazines.

They beat me to the .45 grease gun oh well
    Some day my children will have a lot of guns and that will bring a smile to my face.

The reason pistol magazines donít interchange with SMG magazines for the most part is grip angle (see photo below). Another reason is that many SMG magazines have a double feed design thus having a wider bolt than would be ideal for a pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "My right to swing my arm ends at the tip of your nose." Joe S.

Commercial manufacturers will, often, design their pistol or sub-machine gun around a plentiful supply of surplus G.I. magazines. This is cost effective for the manufacturer. However, they will make slight modifications, like enlarging or relocating the magazine locking/release slot and shortening the magazine nubs, so the user will have to purchase the magazines from them at a greater cost. Examples are the MAC sub-machine guns and semi-auto pistols which use surplus magazines. Another example is the Armalite AR18/AR180 which basically uses the M16 magazine with the slot located on the opposite side. Neither magazine will work in the other's firearm without modification.

Looking For M4 Spectre Mags

I am trying to hunt down where I can get SITES M4 Spectre mags, I need 9mm and .45 mags either 30 rds or 50 rds. Cann anyone help me with this situation......... Thanks