Thread: Lee Breech Lock/Hornady Lock-n-Load ?

Question Lee Breech Lock/Hornady Lock-n-Load ?

This might sound dumb, but would the Hornady Lock-N-Load Bushings be interchangable with the Lee Breech Lock Bushings?

To any Lee Breech Lock owners, can the Dies with Breech lock fit back into the round storage box?
    "Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevlet

Not sure of the comaptability of hornady bushing with lee breech lock.
    In the flat rectangular case the dies w/ bushings fit no problem. With the round die container I had to flip my .32 acp dies upside down but they did fit in the box as well.

I have the Lee breech-lock press.

The bushings are completely different between Hornady and Lee. No compatibility. Each one works fine in its own system.

The Lee dies do not fit in the round storage box when bushings are installed. They do fit fine in the flat box. I think that's why Lee is transitioning to the flat box.

My understanding is that you can buy a Lee "classic cast" single stage press and then separately buy the Hornady bushing-receiver and use Hornady L-N-L bushings in that Lee press if you want to do so. This might make sense for someone who wants the Lee cast press, which is not otherwise available with a bushing system, or for someone who also has or plans to get a Hornady L-N-L progressive press in addition to their single-stage press.

If you don't already own a press, I would seriously consider either the Lee breech-lock Challenger or the Lee classic cast press (+ the LNL bushing system) if you're going to do mostly rifle, and the Lee classic cast Turret press if you're going to do mostly handgun. Doing quantities of 9mm, etc. on a single-stage gets old fast. But single stage is probably the best choice for precise rifle reloading. The breech-lock challenger press is good and solid, but for $30-50 more the classic cast press would probably be the last and only single-stage press you would ever need or want.
    Have you donated to NRA-ILA lately? They need your money now!

The Lee dies do not fit in the round storage box when bushings are installed.
    If you turn the dies upside down, they will fit - I know they do for 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP dies at least, since I've done that with all 3 myself.

I love the Lee breech lock system. I adjust all my dies just right then just snap them in and out when I want to use them. The bushings seem a bit expensive when compared with how inexpensive the rest of Lee stuff is, but overall it's a worthwhile investment. Buy enough bushings for ALL your dies - you'll be glad you did
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

If you turn the dies upside down, they will fit - I know they do for 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP dies at least, since I've done that with all 3 myself.
    I feel a forehead smack coming on. Fortunately it won't be until after I get home and try this out.
    Have you donated to NRA-ILA lately? They need your money now!

i feel a forehead smack coming on.
    lol
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS, DISTRICT OF ROUND ROCK
    Check the MTM website. They make a plastic storage box that holds 12 dies with bushings. Very handy box. You can keep 4 sets of dies in it and have them handy but protected. I have the Lee Breech Lock. Great press for the money!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    --George Washington

NO, there is no compatability between the Hornady bushings and the breech lock bushings. That said, you can get a Lee Classic Cast single stage and easily adapt it to accept Hornady LnL bushings with a kit Hornady sells.

Regards,

Dave
    Dave In Statham, GA