Thread: Here's One To Curdle Yer Milk!

Here's One To Curdle Yer Milk!

Fella's;

This is from an unspecified UPI source. I'll expect to see confirmation from the NRA & GAO shortly.

Guns to Be Banned for Elderly
    Staff Reports
    United Press International
    Washington

Deputy Attorney General Designate David Ogden is circulating a draft of an executive order in which, among other things, firearms possession would be severely limited to people over 60.

An assistant to Ogden told us, "It appears that in these changing times, it is no longer necessary to allow the elderly to be armed. With all of their physical ailments and increasing senility, to leave them in control of a deadly weapon would be ludicrous."

While the Executive Order may sound too powerful, experts in Constitutional law state that it is not actually un-Constitutional.

"It's a question of wording." states Columbia Law Professor, Dr. John Braxton. "The Constitution forbids the Congress, that is, the legislative branch, from passing any laws infringing on gun ownership. The executive branch is not included in this proviso. As long as the Congress doesn't get involved, it's technically a non-issue."

The Justice Department was tossing the idea of a gun ban for seniors during the Carter and Clinton Administration, but public opinion stopped these initiatives. Now, the Obama White House believes differently.

An unnamed aide close to Ogden agreed to talk on the condition of anonymity.

"Clinton and Carter didn't have as much of a mandate as President Obama. They were both Southerners, and the Second Amendment was sacrosanct to their constituents. However, President Obama comes from a new sort of politics, where divisive issues like firearms do not apply to him."

"Quite frankly, it's a shame that no one has had the good conscience to have done this already. It's a simple process, and the majority of the American people will understand it and follow the law."

The enforcement mechanism for this particular executive order has not been published. It is likely that the confiscation of weapons will be similar to Great Britain's handgun ban, in which citizens willingly gave the weapons to police.

It is expected that the executive order will be given around July 1, when senior-related gun deaths reach their peaks.

The aide to Ogden stated: "For eight years you see the rolling back of regulation, and crime has skyrocketed. In fact, in Massachusetts alone, murders have risen 50% since 2002. Armed robbery has also risen dramatically. With such circumstances, we must act boldly."

Sounds like a slam-dunk violation of the age discrimination laws to me. But, anybody want to take odds on Ogden ever going to court over it in this administrations tenure?

900F
    Birth Certificate? What birth certificate? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!

Fake news story, first appeared at http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2...r-elderly.html
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" —Kenny Rogers

with the current administrations and its political background, and its supporters background, ie chicago, its pretty damned likely theyd try.

Anyone that really believes this needs to get some new tinfoil.

Of course it's fake. Executive orders only apply to the executive branch and must be compliant with laws established by Congress or treaties approved by the Senate.
    "There is no lie too grotesque, too stupid, or too base for leftist extremists to retell." -- Standing Wolf

Posted from my Ubuntu machine.

Fella's;

OK, I tried Snopes & didn't get a hit for it, shoulda checked further. But please do note my preface, although it looks like I shoulda made my suspicions clearer.

It's fake.

900F
    Birth Certificate? What birth certificate? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!

It's a dupe, too

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=405702

Didn't originally say "satire" either until a bunch of people (myself included) had heart attacks and a mod fixed it.
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

OK everybody lets get out our tinfoil hats.

Administrator   
    Eeek, thank goodness it's onion material.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/