Thread: ATF form 7CR (application for FFL-03)

ATF form 7CR (application for FFL-03)

.gov does not have this form available for download, but I found a PDF at cruffler.com. I downloaded it, and found a printer that could handle legal-size duplex forms. Is that all I need (plus a check for $30, and a copy for the sheriff)? Or is there more to the packet you get from ATF when you request a form from them?
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" —Kenny Rogers

That's all I recall needing for mine, Bob.
    America has plenty of problems. Don't be a single-issue voter.

That's what I suspected. Thanks.

Make sure the form you downloaded is the most current form. I'm not sure that particular website is currently being edited, and the gubmint likes to occasionally revise forms just to keep the bureaucrats gainfully employed.

Paying with a credit card might speed things up by a week or two. Or not.

I don't think the ATF is using downloaded forms anymore, because they changed a few minor things. Unless I'm mistaken, you have to use their forms that come with the packet. You request the packet, they send it, you send the application with $30.00, they send the license, along with a packet of information, rules, forms, ect. I got mine almost a year ago and thats the way it was. Someone else may have more current info though. You won't be sorry you did it in any case.

There's also a citizenship form that must be submitted with the application. I suugest just ordering the required forms from the feds.

I've ordered the forms; you can do that electronically. I will scan the forms when I get them. If they don't get here by this time next month, I'll take my chances with the (6-97) version that I downloaded.

that cruffler.com form is out of date way out of date. IIRC, the current revision actually includes the citizenship form in the app.

Sorry, Bob, but I should retract my previous reassurance. I just compared Cruffler's form with a new blank one. The new form has several additional fields, including questions about whether you've ever held an FFL or had one denied or revoked. My guess is they won't accept Crufflers' form.

FWIW, I ordered applications twice, because my first order was around Xmas and didn't arrive for at least 3 weeks. My second order took 1.5 to 2 weeks, I think.
    America has plenty of problems. Don't be a single-issue voter.

I ordered Application forms online twice and finally got them after 6-weeks. Sent in the Application and received the C&R license yesterday February 7th - 43 days later.

The four page form that I used is print on green paper and says:

OMB No. 1140-0038 in the upper right corner

ATF From 7CR (5310.16)
    Revised May 2005 in the lower right corner

Copy 1 goes to AFT - Copy 2 goes to CLEO