Thread: I picked this scope up at an auction tonight. Can anyone help with identification

I picked this scope up at an auction tonight. Can anyone help with identification

It's made by Redfield. The case is made of light aluminum. The tripod is also made from aluminum. It has a two separate lens, one for a 60X zoom and the other 20X. It seems pretty solid but I cannot find any information on it. Google isn't my friend this time.
    I got it for $85.00 and figured I couldn't get hurt too bad. Has anyone seen one of these before?

It came with a aluminum hard case, tripod, carrying strap, and both lens. The eyepiece has a hard cover that screws over the lens for protection. It seems to be bullet proof. I am going to experiment with it tomorrow.

It looks like one of which the rear half-round piece can rotate so the eyepiece is at a different angle. Does yours do that?

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/firel...ames;read=6326

Can't help otherwise.

Bruce

Yes, both the body and eyepiece will rotate to give a view from any angle. I'm still playing with it. It seems like a nice quality piece.

What more information do you want? It is a Redfield spotting scope with eyepieces and swivel eyepiece mount you see before you. A friend of mine has one that he leaves at his place in the country so he won't have to hump his Kowa out every time he wants to shoot. It is not equal to the better spotting scopes made now, but you sure didn't get hurt for $85. It is probably the equivalent of a new $250 scope.
    I have a few facts and a lot of opinions.

Here is another thread on it, you did good!

http://longrangehunting.com/forums/f...g-scope-22916/

Regards

I guess I get anal sometimes about things. I want to know as much as I can find on most everything I have. I was hoping to find a site that might have had camera adaptors or other accessories for it. It didn't have a manual with it so I was hoping for all the info I could get.