Thread: A little disappointed, but happily suprised

A little disappointed, but happily suprised

How is that for a confusing title. Well I have a 10 yo son, we took a hunters safety class together at Cabelas, he passed, everyone did, so I bought him a youth model mossy 500. He did shoot lefty at the time and I wanted a tang mounted safety. He does everything with either hand or foot except write, that is left handed, but batting, throwing and soccer is an either or deal with his eyes changing we may have an eye dominance issue in the future. Any way back to the issue at hand. We went pheasant hunting and he got his first rooster this past fall. He brought pictures to school, two years ago he went with us but just walked and he brought pics and there was a slight problem with one of the teachers who is no longer there. Well I was primed for that phone call to come get my son and his pictures and how could I buy my son a shot gun yada yada yada. Well 1500hrs rolled around and I went to pick him up. His only comments were about which GIRLS wanted to go with him next time and that a couple of his favorite teachers, they only have each year but they see the previous ones in the hall, asked if he could get them tail feathers next year. Now I had a lot of research on kids and hunting and fishing and how kids who hunt and fish with their parents usually do better in school and stay away from the bad crowd. They really suprised me. I am happy, but there was a lot of wasted research.

Len

Len, We don't have that problem here at our local schools...There is a board where the kids can put up their hunting and fishing pictures. They even have pics of the kids holding....>GUNS<!!!! What a difference from those anti schools. MG

I forgot to add I am just outside the city of Chicago or as we call it the money pit or soddom on Lake Michigan

Well, I must admit that the title makes more sense after reading the post. I am glad that you didn't get any grief over the pictures. And great job on being involved in your childs life!!

That's the kind of happy story I like to hear.
    Considering how often the question of "which .22lr is best?" gets asked, I figured I'd put my answer in the sig line. CZech 'em out.
    The science of "knockdown power": Thar be dragons!
    Whatever happened to deck guns?

In this part of the country, the teachers just kind of expect a lot of kids to be calling in 'sick' during the opening of dove, deer and duck seasons...

I too am disappointed that I live in CA, so have no idea what this is like, but happily surprised that somewhere in America, people being good parents, and teaching their kids responsibility is not punished.

schools

parents have to get involed in school commitee meetings to keep up and derail actions that are detrimental to your child.

Hi This is Fregzius.
    I am having 3 years son. He is just naughty with his activities and he just torches to others. Well I do not think so but others feel that. I am happy with his health that as his naughty activities he ate at time and has no fear but sometimes he remains very calm and silent with no reason. I do not understand this thing.
    Thanks and regards.
    r4 games

freg? He's 3? Model the behavior that you want- he'll copy it, and praise him when he does.

And it good to know that all "educators" are not mentally ill (hoplaphobia IS a mental illness!).

+1 to getting involved with the school board- around here, Hunter Safety classes are aoften taught after school, on school property!
    "If it looks like a rabbit, and acts like a rabbit, it will be treated as such- prey for all predators.
    If it looks like a rabbit and bites like a rattlesnake, rabbits will be safer, and predators more reticent."