Please give me 10 minutes of your time! You can really be apart of something here!

Everyone,

Our hard work over the past year is starting to pay off, however we need your help now more than ever. I am just going to get right to the point. On Thursday we are presenting our testimony in front of the Senate Education Committee on a bill that is being introduced to change the Kansas Board of Regents from an APPOINTED position to an ELECTED position. You must know however that this cannot be a strictly gun-based bill. The reason why this bill is being introduced is because the Kansas Board of Regents have been failing in their job to represent us as students as well as tax-payers. Shouldn't we have a say in what happens at our universities in regards to classes, tuition, books, and self defense? Shouldn't the Kansas Board of Regents be accountable to our community? As of right now the KBOR can create and enforce any policy they want to without fear of having to listen to or be accountable to the students or concerned citizens...

So what can you do?

1.) Write a letter, less than 1 page about your opinions on why the Kansas Board of Regents should be an elected position instead of an appointed position. Below I will give you some helpful tips on what to say. When you are done please e-mail your letter to eastein@ku.edu and emcintos@amfam.com. The most important part of this process that you have to have it in to me by TONIGHT (Monday 2/9). I apologize for this late notice but it will only take a few minutes of your time. If you cannot get it to me by tonight then please e-mail it to me as soon as you can because we have to present these letters to the committee on Thursday and we need to have them in a few days in advance.

Helpful tips in writing the letter:
a.) The KBOR should be accountable to the community, especially the students.
b.) The KBOR has rejected to meet with the KS Fed of SCCC on the issue of self defense
c.) It is the right of the people to elect officials that will best represent them.
d.) Being a college student we are forced to accept the rules and regulations put forth by a power that is not "of the people, for the people and by the people."
e.) Any other opinions should be included

2.) Come and join us and show our power in numbers to help influence this committee towards our cause. Like I said, this is your time to really be apart of something great. Here are the details if you are interested in going.

WHEN: Thursday (2/12)
TIME: 1:30 PM, we are going to be there at 12:30PM to fill up the room so that the opponents will have to stand in the corner!
WHERE: Topeka, KS. Capital Building in Room #446.

Coming to the meeting is the most important and influential thing you can do so if you are able to make it please do!

If there are any questions whatsoever please feel free to contact me via facebook, e-mail or phone. (785) 817-1749.

Thank you and once again, this is our time to make a difference.

-Eric Stein
State Leader of KS Fed of SCCC

*This was copied from my KS CC Facebook group*