Thread: National Second Amendment March - New Web Site

Thumbs up National Second Amendment March - New Web Site

Skip Coryell of MCRGO (Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners), the largest state-based firearms organization in the country, is organizing a national march in D.C. in support of the Second Amendment.

Here's the official web site for the cause.

Skip has been a great voice for 2A rights and the MCRGO site has been a very valuable source for great information. I urge everyone to get on board with the 2A March and help support the cause. If ever there was a time to get involved, it is now.

Is this related to the million gun owner March I heard about supposedly led by the Nuge? If I recall the guy who started the idea talked to a Michigan gun rights org.
    Considering how often the question of "which .22lr is best?" gets asked, I figured I'd put my answer in the sig line. CZech 'em out.
    The science of "knockdown power": Thar be dragons!
    Whatever happened to deck guns?

Is this related to the million gun owner March I heard about supposedly led by the Nuge? If I recall the guy who started the idea talked to a Michigan gun rights org.
    Yes, Skip's mentor is Ted Nugent. They're tight. I believe it's all the same march.

I posted this the other day at thr.org... It should explain the origins of the march. I am subscribed to MCRGO's email list and received this:

Condensed for size...
    The Million Gunowner March
    by Skip Coryell

I received another email just yesterday. It was from a fellow patriot who said:

"I am a fellow gunowner and supporter of the second amendment. I have been chatting with a bunch of fellow gun lovers on the S&W forum about trying to get a million man march on Washington organized. Since I know very little about doing so, I thought I'd write you on behalf of all of us. We would like to get some help organizing such an event. We would like to be able to get the word out to as many gun owners as possible and encourage them to join us."

That idea struck me as good, so I got involved. First, I emailed Ted Nugent and asked him to headline a "Million Gunowner March" on Washington DC. Here is his response:

"It is time. IF coordinated with NRA, GOA, JFPOFO, MCRGO, SCI, NWTF, RMEF, DU, FNAWS, etc etc & all gunrights orgs, I would be proud to join/lead the fray!!!"

This is how it works folks. Every revolution throughout history has always started with a single person. One ordinary person wakes up, looks around and says "Hey! This isn't right! Someone should do something! "And that someone is you and I. We are one small part of the Million Gunowner March. The next thing I did was email Chuck Perricone, Executive Director of Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gunowners and asked if they'd like to be involved. His response was similar to Ted's:

"The answer is, "YES"...and we'd like to handle the press/recruiting. We can knock this out of the park. FANTASTIC idea, Skip."

Hmmm, I see some possibilities here. I see excitement. I see motivation. I see patriots with guns! I see a peaceful (but loud) march on Washington DC, on the Capitol steps, down Pennsylvania Avenue, with Ted Nugent singing his electrified version of the National Anthem as loud as he can. Maybe I can get Toby Keith too? And I like that song by LC Greenwood "God Bless the USA". That one just brings chills to my tired, old, gun-totin' body.

I'll have to check into that. In the meantime, I logged on and bought the domain name www.milliongunownermarch.com. It is my donation to the cause. Now, since I'm computer clumsy, we need someone to step forward and build the website. Any computer-savvy volunteers out there willing to build a website for us?

You know the frustrating part of a movement, is that too many people wait for someone else to step forward and do what needs doing. It's known as the crowd mentality. People wait until it looks safe, then they step out and join. A few weeks ago I quoted Mark Twain, and it bears repeating.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Well, America, this is the beginning of a change and it is no time for the timid. This is the time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted. Because, I just have a feeling, that America's time may be running out. I don't want to live in a nation of Euro-sheep. I want my children to inherit the freedom our forefathers knew. But freedom has to be protected or it will fall. I suspect, my freedom-loving friends, that we are at a crossroads. Now, assuming we are smart enough to see it, and that we are brave enough to take the road less traveled, perhaps, America, just perhaps, there is still time to save our liberty. The time to act is now. We must march now, or forever hold our piece (rendered inoperable by the government).

So, I'll ask again. "Who's going to build that website?" Send your response to skipcoryell@hotmail.com. But please hurry, Obama is warming up his fiddle.

Skip Coryell lives with his wife and children in Michigan. He is the author of six books including his newest "RKBA: Defending the Right to Keep and Bear Arms", the Ted Nugent-acclaimed book "Blood in the Streets: Concealed Carry and the OK Corral, the hunting novel "Bond of Unseen Blood", and the Second Amendment novel "We Hold These Truths". He is an NRA Instructor and co-owner of Midwest Tactical Training, teaching CPL classes in both Michigan and Iowa. He also owns and manages White Feather Press. To find out more about Skip, his classes and his writing, go to www.skipcoryell.com and www.mwtac.com.

Also see:
    Michigan Takes Lead in Organizing National Gun Rights Rally

This is too important to let fade.....

Perhaps it should be a sticky? I came across the march website from another source and came here to verify and research. It's time...
    When I joined, I swore to protect and defend the Constitution. No one ever said I was relieved of that oath.

More Info from Skip...

He called me back and I put him in touch with folks here in illinoize who are of the same inclination. I put the date on my 2010 calendar hope you do too.
    Given the proliferation of planned protests, the 2010 date may not be soon enough!
    When I joined, I swore to protect and defend the Constitution. No one ever said I was relieved of that oath.