Thread: New AR-15 Mag Carrier at Brownells

New AR-15 Mag Carrier at Brownells

Take a look at this thing

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...099&mc_ID=3022

Looks interesting, right? Three mags in a flat pouch that just attaches directly to a plate carrier or vest and feeds the mags to the same place instantly for quick retrieval. Might not be a bad idea, though I might wonder about the reliability of a mechanical system feeding me my magazines.

But $339.99!?!?!?!

I about choked when I saw that! That's insane! And for only 3 mags - you'd need 2 or 3 to equal the capacity of a typical plate carrier setup! For that, you could buy a whole 'nother rifle!
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

For that kind of money, they out to at lease include the magazines.
    "There is no lie too grotesque, too stupid, or too base for leftist extremists to retell." -- Standing Wolf

Posted from my Ubuntu machine.

It's a machine, not a mere pouch, so I can see it costing that much. There are plenty of people who can afford such things easily. These "first adopters" are unsung heroes of our culture, IMO. They do us the favor of supporting the development of new innovations. Some of these innovations will turn out very useful, and others not so much.

Time will tell on this one. I might see a place for it in three-gun IPSC, where fractions of a second count, or for defense, where fractions of a second count a lot more.

Sheik; you already have a pile of good magazines, right?

Good points - though the "machine" element of it appears to consist of a polymer magazine body, a polymer follower, a steel spring and a pouch... not TOO complex

And thinking about it for 3-gun is certainly a consideration. To reach for the exact same spot for up to 3 reloads would be an advantage, if your round count ever got that high in one stage... but it looks cumbersome and bulky, and it doesn't look like it's made to be mounted on a belt. Trooper-class could use it I suppose, though I think weight and carrier real estate are concerns to begin with there that might rule this one out.

There's a good write-up about it here

http://www.milspecmonkey.com/stractech.html
    If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you. - Jack Handey

ha ha ha

that thing is a magazine magazine

I wonder if you can put 3 magazines on a striper clip to quickly reload the magazine magazine.

that thing is a magazine magazine

I wonder if you can put 3 magazines on a striper clip to quickly reload the magazine magazine
    Lol who knows

I have used one...

Gents,

I have used one, played with, fondled, abused it...good kit. I need to snag one for myself SOON.

(note: I know the owner of the company, and have watched this product evolve into it's current form, SUPERB tool for the AR shooter).

http://www.stractech.com/

Andy
    Andy's Leather
    Scout Rifle Ching Slings and more
    http://andysleather.com/

Quote Originally Posted by akodo
    I wonder if you can put 3 magazines on a striper clip to quickly reload the magazine magazine.
    I will have to pick up the LULA loader for it.
    Semper Fi

-There's a difference between knowing something, and doing it.

pretty cool. never seen one before.
    NRA life member, Support Our Troops,
    Pointman Ministries Member
    MMCDC Member