Thread: HR 45, they're at it again!

HR 45, they're at it again!

Here it comes... HR 45. If this passes the House and Senate we can kiss gun rights goodbye. Now is the time to act and contact our so called representatives and raise a stink. They'll never stop trying until the Second Amendment is no longer our right. Realizing this is a long and dry bill (coming from lawyers what else can you expect), it's still important to follow what these snakes are doing in the dimly lit halls of Congress. With the Big O in the drivers seat it would be rubber stamped if it ever passes.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45.IH:

So, what do you feel has changed with this bill since it was last discussed? As far as I can tell it still has no cosponsors and is still stuck in committee.

Intersting that Bobby Rush was imprisoned for 6 months on an illegal firearms charge. Even more interesting that he cannot legally purchase a firearm as a result. http://www.washingtontimes.com/elections/candidate/494/

So why does he feel it necessary to restrict the rights of people without criminal backgrounds to keep and bare arms.

Shouldn't we have some sort of criminal background check before anyone is seated in the House or Senate???

Hr 45

I have been discussing HR 45 with some friends today. I did some reading and discovered that, per www.opencongress.org , the resolution was "offerred to committee" on January 6, 09 and is stuck against a wall. Thank goodness. I also discovered that this bill offered by former black panther Bobby Rush was named for a 16 year old Chicago boy named Blair Holt who was murdered by a criminal on a Chicago city bus in 2007. In a strange twist nearly the same bill was offered last year but was defeated by a group led by then-Rep Rahm Immanuel, D Ill. They can't decide what they want. (Confusion in the enemy is always a good thing...especially if they are confusing themselves). In a straw poll taken by opencongress.org, which I added my vote to, there were 19 votes in support of the resolution and 924 votes against it.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf...
    If George Orwell DIDN"T say that first....he should have

This bill is so far reaching that even the anti's know if it were to pass their political careers may be in jeopardy. I pray, but don't think it will go very far.

C

Cuda,you are right but,,,, with the stim bill that Obama is suppose to sign tommorrow, A lot of the house,senate members of congress that voted for this bill are on the bleep list if it doesnt work. And at on of Obamas townhall meetings on this stim,he said if it doesnt work,blame me and get a new pres. I and others will hold Obama and the members of congress ready to get their pink slips in 2010. The Change Is coming back. And Ried is worried about his seat. rich642z
    Last edited by Aaryq; March 3rd, 2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: un-needed name calling

ZERO co sponsors...

Bump??
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears!

Not to worry the bill is DOA
    Thank You,
    Mike
    You're the same dumb pilgrim who's I been hearin' for twenty days, and smellin' for three!

This is what is generally know as a vanity bill.

It is put forward by a pol, with no support or even intention that it will fly but is a useful thing to wave at fund raisers to show how "Active" they are.

It has less support than the "Today is Elderly Hispanic Postmasters Day" type bills..........
    "Remember children, once we have pulled the pin from Mr. Grenade, Mr Grenade is no longer our friend"

Just 'cause I live here does not make me a septic, you muppet !

Talking

Shouldn't we have some sort of criminal background check before anyone is seated in the House or Senate???
    Well, that would mean that we'd pretty much have no government...

Hey, you're really on to something there!!
    "Jerks, idiots, asshats, and often even outright criminals are the canaries in the coal mines of our rights."--JesseL

This bill may not go any place but they will keep trying time and time again till they get what they want.

This bill may not go any place but they will keep trying time and time again till they get what they want.

If you believe that then, as this is in Activism, get off your arse and make sure you mail your Congressmen and Senators about this stuff when it comes up.
    "Remember children, once we have pulled the pin from Mr. Grenade, Mr Grenade is no longer our friend"

Just 'cause I live here does not make me a septic, you muppet !

It's funny. This bill is just about dead but the other day I turn on my TV and the local cable news show is doing a whole segment on HR45.
    I thought it was weird.

Local show was Comcast in Sarasota

AFS
    'Qui tacet consentit': To remain silent is to consent.

If you believe that then, as this is in Activism, get off your arse and make sure you mail your Congressmen and Senators about this stuff when it comes up.

I have e mailed them along with bobby rush

My concern is that they're satisfied to leave the bill sitting with the cobwebs, but only until they find a "crisis" to use as an excuse to try to shove it through in a rush.