Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/1/01 - break out the stamps and TEA and join the PARTY!

Exclamation 4/1/01 - break out the stamps and TEA and join the PARTY!

Here's the plan: On April 1st, stick a tea bag in an envelope and mail it off to:

1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
    Washington , D.C. 20500

Should fit in a regular envelope with one stamp. Just try and keep it thin...

I say that we should also hit up Pelosi and Reid, and GEITHNER of course. Maybe your local rep and senators if they deserve it.

Secretary Geithner
    Department of the Treasury
    1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, D.C. 20220

The Honorable Nancy Pelosi
    United States House of Representatives
    235 Cannon House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515-0508

The Honorable Harry Reid
    United States Senate
    522 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20510-2803

(Not my idea, FWIW, nicked off another board.)
    I should be very much obliged if you would slip your revolver into your pocket. An Eley's # 2 is an excellent argument with gentlemen who can twist steel pokers into knots.
    Sherlock Holmes

Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State.
    Heinrich Himmler

You like to fire assault weapons? I have a place for you. It's not in the homes and streets of America. It's called the Army, and you can join any time! Wes Clark

Good idea with the exception of 2 things, 1st 4-01-01 is way past, and 2nd you need to include the president.
    NRA Life Member

(psssstttt . . . . . 1600 address is the white house)

Sure you wanna go with April Fool's Day?
    I'm such an Operator that Gecko45 has a poster of me on his wall.

Most likely you would be considered a 'terrorist' or anti American by some Rep or Dem when it came to the words TEA PARTY and/or mailing them a tea bag. They might have to TEST the tea bag even if it was absolutely normal when you sent it - perhaps someone in the District of Criminals might ADD something to it - gasp - they would do that?! Ha!

If it was good enough for GWBush/VP DICK to call some of us 'terrorists' if we DARED to disagree with many policies including last fall's bail outs/sell outs... you will get the same reception from the O man and his ILK.

Whatever trips your trigger! Personally I think that an email, hand written letter and telephone call might be better. Oh wait! That did not work with those bail outs/sell outs with Bush and Obama... now did it? The ballot box does not work either most of the time. When it DOES work for you... you get the same old - same old dung.

Catherine
    Closed Account

If someone does this tea bag deal - go with TAX DAY. It means more when it comes to tea and tea parties = $$$.

I will keep my own tea bags... the government gets enough of my money with my tax dollars.

Catherine
    Closed Account

If you mailed a teabag to Barney Frank,I fear he would think it related to the slang usage of "teabag".
    Gregory Peter DuPont

I never thought that tea bag was a slang word or words for anything!

I never heard of that at all.

I will have to look up something in an urban dictionary now... maybe not.

Tea and coffee mean just that to me - nothing else.

Tea Party means just that in history to me.

Catherine
    Closed Account

Don't worry,Catherine:I did not know what the slang was for until one of my wierdo neighbors told me while watching "Family Guy" at a bar last week...I wish he hadn't!
    Gregory Peter DuPont

Seems like "innocent youth" really is turning into the opposite, eh gripper?

Too right!Its especially wierd hearing that in a bar where Tom Waits song lyrics serve as a general descriptive.
    Gregory Peter DuPont

I love the idea of teabagging our congresscritters.

. . .
    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire
    "Well, the Constitution has not yet been pregnant." - Gore Vidal
    "Freedom is terrifying to dependent personalities and their masters." - Standing Wolf

I'd suggest April 19th, rather than April 1st.
    Rule 37: There is no "overkill". There is only "Open fire", and "I need to reload".
    "7 Habits of Highly Effective Pirates", quoted in Schlock Mercenary

Would have been a wonderful idea about 20 years ago.

The problem is do we really want our esteemed government adding to the deficient by testing each tea bag for suspicious compounds?

And then adding a surcharge to tea in order to have it vetted to make sure it could not be used for terrorist activities?

April 19th although it has a honorable association with 1775 (and Drakes little escapade against Spain in 1587). But our government would use anything sent that date as counter propaganda. It has recent unfortunate associations which they could easily use to label any group sending teabags as dangerous-and by association ruin the public sympathy for the whole idea. Handing the government people a propaganda boon like that could be injudicious.

E-mails and letters would work better, that way the government can ignore them without being prompted into doing some stupid over reaction.

Don't send the bag. It will hold up your letter. Just send the tag and string that attach to the bag. No need to test the bag.

I think they will get the connection.

Administrator   
    How did I miss this one - moving to Activism where it belongs
    NRA Rifle/Pistol instructor / Utah CCW Instructor
    -- Cranky Labs Image Repository - A Human Right - Oleg Volk

Lets face it: Nobody's ever called 911 and said they've just done something smart.
    -----------------------------------------
    I'm Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

ND Resident, Stationed in NC, Deployed Overseas
    April 19th might not be the best day. The .gov would probably label us all anti-government white Supremacist supporters of Timothy McVeigh...For those of us (myself included) who aren't white, they'd still put us in the anti-government militia types...I also agree that we shouldn't use the entire tea bag and just the tag.
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

My fingerprints are on file with the FBI. I won't be mailing anything that could cause the capitol's mailrooms to shut down while they test it for biohazards...
    NRA Life Member
    1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a
    firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for
    traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

Rugerlvr wrote: "My fingerprints are on file with the FBI. I won't be mailing anything that could cause the capitol's mailrooms to shut down while they test it for biohazards..."

So are mine... so I will buy a fresh box of envelopes and tea bags, do the opening and set-up with gloves on, and handle the envelope only by the cornors until it goes in the public mail collection box....

*looks at date I typed, does the face-palm*

If someone does this tea bag deal - go with TAX DAY. It means more when it comes to tea and tea parties = $$$.
    I think the idea of mailing them on April the 1st, is that so they should arrive by the 15th.

BTW, I didn't know what "teabagging" was either till I checked out the reaction from DU over it. Apparently, mailing tea bags as a form of protest isn't a new thing, I noticed a lot of posts TOUTING the idea, but dated from Bush's time in office.

Never noticed the old administration throwing anyone into GITMO for it...

Personally I think that an email, hand written letter and telephone call might be better. Oh wait! That did not work with those bail outs/sell outs with Bush and Obama... now did it? The ballot box does not work either most of the time. When it DOES work for you... you get the same old - same old dung.
    EXACTLY. Same crap, different day. We need to use history to remind these blankety-blanks that **THEY** work for **US!**

My fingerprints are on file with the FBI too I reckon...I was gonna put a return address on mine, though, so they SHOULD figure I'm not doing anything beyond face value here. Though I was thinking of "idiot proofing" it and enclosing a note that the tea in there is expired (was donated by a friend that does not care much for tea) and thus should not be consumed. You know, like everything ELSE these days. "DANGER, coffee is HOT" and all that...

Though...I dunno, I might just settle for the tag. Especially after reading that post by Catherine. I just thought I was paranoid. Obviously I'm not paranoid ENOUGH, or I would have thought of that (the notion of an Obama-crony planting something illegal in my tea bag) myself!
    I should be very much obliged if you would slip your revolver into your pocket. An Eley's # 2 is an excellent argument with gentlemen who can twist steel pokers into knots.
    Sherlock Holmes

Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State.
    Heinrich Himmler

You like to fire assault weapons? I have a place for you. It's not in the homes and streets of America. It's called the Army, and you can join any time! Wes Clark

Why does it seem trivial.....

Warpaint and tomahawks were not discussed, instead fingerprints and laboratory analysis are contemplated. It may be me, but I think the spirit is missing. If you want to raise an eyebrow, send a spent shell. No lab needed to see if it's tainted, and it carries a certain message.
    When I joined, I swore to protect and defend the Constitution. No one ever said I was relieved of that oath.

IllHunter,

My concern with sending a spent shell casing would be that it would be interpreted as a death threat, which would make life a bit difficult after that.
    In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

The spent shell that was mentioned by another poster would most likely be considered a 'threat' in the District of Criminals by x, y and z people and the alphabet agencies.

I would not do that and frown on other people doing that.

Catherine
    Closed Account

How poetically ironic. Pick national joke day to tell the government you disapprove.

Spent shell, too funny, I like it. One serious bad juju move there if you actually followed through with it. That's one of the best ways I've heard of to get the .gov microscope up your bum.

How about a postcards of the Declaration, Constitution and BOR with a statement of few words saying, "Didn't you take an oath to honor THESE documents, by We the People?
    We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

Yeah, I advise any and all to PASS on the spent shell idea...!
    Sherlock Holmes

Heinrich Himmler