Thread: Summary of Arkansas pro gun bills that need your help!

Summary of Arkansas pro gun bills that need your help!

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4588

HB 1237 (Church Carry)

Please continue to contact the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and urge them to work with Representative Pyle to pass this important piece of legislation. Committee members can be contacted through the email addresses listed below or via phone at (501) 682-2902.

Consolidated email friendly list:

whitakerr@arkleg.state.ar.us; hwilkins@arkleg.state.ar.us; lukerj@arkleg.state.ar.us; madisons@arkleg.state.ar.us; taylorj@arkleg.state.ar.us; thompsonr@arkleg.state.ar.us; johnsond@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Ed Wilkinson (D-6), Chairman

State Senator Ruth Whitaker (R-3), Vice Chair
    whitakerr@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Hank Wilkins, IV (D-5)
    hwilkins@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Jim Luker (D-17)
    lukerj@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Sue Madison (D-7)
    madisons@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Jerry Taylor (D-23)
    taylorj@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Robert Thompson (D-11)
    thompsonr@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator David Johnson (D-32)
    johnsond@arkleg.state.ar.us

Another pro-gun bill, Senate Bill 768, also needs your help. SB 768, introduced by State Senator Jerry Taylor (D-23), would remove the ability of local units of government to restrict our Right to Keep and Bear Arms during a declared state of emergency, such as occurred following Hurricane Katrina. Without the passage of SB 768, local governments could easily restrict your ability to lawfully carry or transport a firearm during a declared state of emergency. This legislation has been assigned to the Senate City, County, and Local Affairs Committee, so please contact members of that committee and urge them to pass SB 768.

madisons@arkleg.state.ar.us; thompsonr@arkleg.state.ar.us; tsteele@arkleg.state.ar.us; crumblyj@arkleg.state.ar.us; johnsond@arkleg.state.ar.us; bledsoec@arkleg.state.ar.us; keyj@arkleg.state.ar.us; elliottj@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Sue Madison (D-7)
    479-442-2997
    madisons@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Robert Thompson (D-11)
    870-239-9581
    thompsonr@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Tracy Steele (D-34)
    501-374-8788
    tsteele@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Jack Crumbly (D-16)
    870-633-7338
    crumblyj@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator David Johnson (D-32)
    501-371-0808
    johnsond@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Cecile Bledsoe (R-8)
    bledsoec@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Johnny Key (R-1)
    870-425-5200
    keyj@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Joyce Elliott (D-33)
    501-568-3917
    elliottj@arkleg.state.ar.us

Finally, on Friday, March 6, House Bill 1623, introduced by State Representative Randy Stewart (D-23), overwhelmingly passed out of the House by a vote of 98 to 1. HB 1623 is now in the Senate, and has been assigned to the Senate State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee.

This legislation was drafted in response to the invasion of Right-to-Carry permit holders’ privacy when a list of permittees was published online, and it will make private the personal information of all Right-to-Cary permit holders. HB 1623 allows for the list to be accessed only by law enforcement agencies for the purpose of assisting with a criminal investigation or prosecution, or for determining the validity of, or eligibility for, a license.

Please contact members of the Senate State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee and urge them to support this critical reform.

bakerg@arkleg.state.ar.us; bryless@arkleg.state.ar.us; hendrenk@arkleg.state.ar.us; cnhc@juno.com; pritchardb@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Steve Faris (D-12)
    501-337-7307

State Senator Gilbert Baker (R-30)
    501-327-8653
    bakerg@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Ed Wilkinson (D-6)
    479-996-4171

State Senator Steve Bryles (D-15)
    bryless@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Kim Hendren (R-9)
    hendrenk@arkleg.state.ar.us

State Senator Randy Laverty (D-2)
    870-446-5005

State Senator Bobby Glover (D-28)
    cnhc@juno.com

State Senator Bill Pritchard (R-35)
    pritchardb@arkleg.state.ar.us

Also, there is the Open carry bill on the table as well.

HB 2184 The Open Carry Bill is scheduled to be on the agenda of the House Judiciary Committee for Tuesday the 17th.

Consolidated email friendly list for the judiciary commitee:

steve@steveharrelson.com; cashj@arkleg.state.ar.us; creekmored@arkleg.state.ar.us; smithl@arkleg.state.ar.us; bakert@arkleg.state.ar.us; powersd@arkleg.state.ar.us; roebuckj@arkleg.state.ar.us; bhyde@hydco.com; bairdd@arkleg.state.ar.us; dhobbs55@sbcglobal.net; leaa@arkleg.state.ar.us; wilkinsb@arkleg.state.ar.us; ricet@arkleg.state.ar.us; williamsd@arkleg.state.ar.us; coles@arkleg.state.ar.us; avclemmer@sbcglobal.net; davy.carter@gmail.com; nickelsj@arkleg.state.ar.us; rogerst@arkleg.state.ar.us; slinkardm@arkleg.state.ar.us
    Jahwarrior said: I could've given them my ID, but I am right, and obstinate about being so. so, yes,I could've ended it by just cooperating, but that would have hypocritical, lazy, and cowardly.

bump
    Jahwarrior said: I could've given them my ID, but I am right, and obstinate about being so. so, yes,I could've ended it by just cooperating, but that would have hypocritical, lazy, and cowardly.

The church carry bill died in committee today. It was pathetic. There was a great turnout overwhelmingly in support of the bill, ready to speak in support of it. I was one of them, there, and ready to speak. The committee chairman shut us down. No one got to speak. The one swing vote, who we were hoping to persuade with our turnout, left early in a fit of pique. We got 4-2, but needed 5 to get it out of committee. It is dead for this session.

But we've got other avenues of attack we're exploring.

A writeup of today's shenanigans, which demonstrate what is wrong with politics, is here:

http://www.arkansascca.org/blog/

It was all just about ego and power. The will of the people be damned. Everybody knew the bill would pass if it went to the floor of the Senate. It already had passed the House.