Hey guys, I just got this email from the Brady Campaign (yes I receive their emails just to stay abreast of what they're doing... it drives me crazy to read them but you know what they say about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer)

[elChupacabra!],

On April 20 at 11:19 AM ten years ago, the Columbine High School massacre began. Twelve students and a teacher were killed and twenty-five more were wounded.
On April 16 at 7:15 AM two years ago, the Virginia Tech massacre began. Thirty-two students and teachers were killed and twenty-three more were wounded.
Those images are seared into our minds. Now there is a steady drumbeat of new images. New tragedies. The American Civic Association in Binghamton, N.Y. where thirteen people were murdered and four wounded on April 3.
A paranoid young man in Pittsburgh who believed his guns were going to be taken away, killed three police officers and then himself on April 4.
The list of killings and injuries by guns goes on and on. And what has the U.S. Congress done? Virtually nothing. For a decade.
That is why we are asking you to call on Congress this Monday, April 20 starting at 11:19 AM the tenth anniversary of the Columbine shooting.
Urge your U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative to
Close the Gun Show Loophole. Tell them our national policy should be: No Background Check, No Gun, No Excuses.

Click here to look up the phone numbers for your members of Congress

The Columbine killers used two shotguns, an assault rifle and a TEC-9 assault pistol. All four guns went through sales at gun shows. A friend of the killers bought three of the guns for them from unlicensed sellers at a gun show.
After the massacre, the friend stated that had she been required to undergo a Brady background check, she would not have purchased the guns.
Mark your calendar to call this Monday. Demand that your U.S. Senators and your U.S. Representative act now to protect our families and communities from gun violence.
Thank you for all that you do.
Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair
Let's all call and write our representatives on April 20 to counter those misguided souls who will undoubtedly respond to this Brady Campaign email.