Thread: Central Kalifornia Hog hunt

Central Kalifornia Hog hunt

Just got back from King City with 2 pigs. We used Mark Williams of Hog Wild. He is excellent. Him and Jesse worked so hard all day for us it was over 100 degrees just draining but they never gave up.I really can't wait to return had a great time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Niiice!!!

Billy Kaldrich--Nice piggies! Hope you got 'em field-dressed, cooled, and butchered pronto!

And how was the celebratory barbecue??
    God Bless America

Smokey Joe

Good pictures and story...Can you fill us in about the firearms used, and distance to target?

Mark Williams and his sons, Colby and Shelby, worked their asses off to get me on to the hog of my dreams. All day they ut up with me passing up small hogs, until they found me a 300 pound boar. This boar had 3 1/2 inch tusks on it. They will do just about anything to get you the hog you are looking for.
    Another happy customer ^^^ I found surfing

Regards

Field strip

We gutted the pig about 30 min. after shot. (had to drag him out and also drive around the canyon to get him.Shot was across the valley about 190 yards)Skinned him in town about2 hours later.then iced him up good.It is hanging in the cooler at the butcher for 5 days to glaze up. then cut him up.First photo Mark helping set up shot across the valley second dragging that sucker out
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll say, some good pictures Now how about some information on the firearm
    One shot kill Where did you hit it? You like boar meat To much testosterone for me Gamey to the max...
    Some mention it is a good way to supplement your own, if you like it, that is As you get older

Regards

1 shot with Remington 700 cdl . 270 win gamey? I find young pigs the least of all mammals to be gamey, now deer that can be gamey. But how one takes care of the animal is key, gut it quickly, try not to cut into vitals or poo poo will ruin your meat, cool down the inside,(ice bags are good) quickly skin and hang in locker for aging (glazing over). Older pigs and males are funky tasting. Babies are real tasty( I been called a "baby killer since Vietnam don't bother me) I hit the girl behind shoulder, got the lung missed the heart. She dropped 25 feet up the hill from her bedding area and died with in 2 0r 3 min. Watched her through the binoculars.There you go Harley.

Thank you,
    So it was a sow/female??? I can understand wanting to eat that meat, the "gamey guys" are a different deal... It is the testosterone they have in them, after a certain age

270, nice round and the rifle is a winner also

Regards