Thread: More guns, less pirates

More guns, less pirates

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gu...s-less-pirates

SNIP

It was just another shiver me timbers day this past weekend when pirates far off the coast of Somalia attacked the Italian cruise ship Melody and it's 1,500 passengers with automatic weapons. Until that is, the pirates found out that "in the darkness, the crew would fire back. . . . 'It felt like we were in war,' the ship's Italian Commander, Ciro Pinto, told Italian state radio." . . .

evil-doing = f ( 1 / guns in hands of victims )

Hm. You know, I think I'll make that my sig line one day.

Terry, 230RN

ETA: In fact, even today.
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

It should not shock me that it is taking so long to arm the prey, and that the idea is still meeting with so much resistance, but I suppose I have not yet gotten used to this brave new world.

When did shooting back become unacceptable?

Indiana--Northern charm, Southern efficiency and industriousness
    You can count the pirates=>"fewer pirates".

Arrrr, don't make me make you walk the bad grammar plank, arrrr.
    Software (training) is to hardware (guns) as three is to one.

Kill Pirates.....

If the world really wished to be free of pirates, it would simply arm the crew of every ship with semi-auto rifles and shotguns. The cost would be less than that spent on one ransom. There is no logical arguement for allowing their existence. Any company paying a ransom should be required to pay a like amount to the families of the victims. See how fast they mount .50's fore and aft!
    When I joined, I swore to protect and defend the Constitution. No one ever said I was relieved of that oath.