Thread: NRA Toolbar Download

NRA Toolbar Download

While browsing through the NRA-ILA website, I ran across a blurb that offered a download of the new "NRA Toolbar". It mentions that every time you do a search on the internet, money is raised for the NRA. Sounds to me like a sure winner if this is truly the case.

Can someone who is a little more web savvy than I am please explain to me how this works? How will searching for things under this new toolbar generate cash for the NRA?
    NRA Life Member

My elected officials know and are routinely reminded of what I expect of them. Can you say the same?

The offer of another toolbar needs more explanation and illustration. There are so many tolbars being pushed that I visualize having a screen full of them and no work space.
    “It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.”
    — Thomas Sowell

and what info is being collected and disseminated by the NRA.
    Google screwed the pooch with theirs.

AFS
    'Qui tacet consentit': To remain silent is to consent.

and what info is being collected and disseminated by the NRA.
    Google screwed the pooch with theirs.
    Good point there.

I just don't understand really how this toolbar is supposed to generate money for the cause out of thin air by its presence. Seems odd to me.
    NRA Life Member

My elected officials know and are routinely reminded of what I expect of them. Can you say the same?

I just don't understand really how this toolbar is supposed to generate money for the cause out of thin air by its presence. Seems odd to me.
    It generates money through advertisements. That's more or less how all internet revenue is made.

While I haven't used the toolbar, I would expect it to have a small area where advertisers can put their company logo up or something of that nature. If not, then it probably gives periodic pop-ups from gun/ammunition/accessory companies that would want to be associated with the NRA. The advertisers then pay the NRA to be able to advertise on their toolbar.

It's called " Data Mining" .
    NRA sells your search history.
    Somebody does a detailed analysis of it and determines what your interests are. Then the spam starts.

AFS
    'Qui tacet consentit': To remain silent is to consent.

I am anti-toolbar anything.
    "Today, my friends, we each have one day less, every one of us. And joy is the only thing that slows the clock." -John D McDonald via Travis McGee