Thread: Herter's .44 Mag Single Six

Herter's .44 Mag Single Six

I just had an old Herter's .44 mag refurbished to operational, and would love to find some new grips for it. Anybody got any idea where such a critter might live? The gun went out of production in the late 60's, but it was Herter's answer to the Ruger Blackhawk, which was just coming IN to vogue.

I can make a set of grips out of some mahogany, but I'd like to find some that are a "factory fit" if possible. I do a decent job of gunsmithing, but I like "easy" too... and finding a set that's already fitted is a lot easier than all that sanding, drilling, and glueing that has to be done to get them right.

WT
    "What man is a man that does not make the world a better place?"... from "Kingdom of Heaven"
    True patriots feel that there is no problem in our Republic that cannot be solved by election, windage and elevation, or superior firepower.

I believe all, or most, of Herter's handguns were made by Sauer. You might also try looking for grips for those guns. Probably won't have much more luck either but it would be a start.
    I use to have a Herter's in .357. I wish I still had it. I know where it's at but the guy won't part with it.
    183 FBINA

It may be worth your while to make an exact tracing of the grip frame and send it to the custom stock makers.
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.