Thread: Hi-Standard trigger won't reset

Hi-Standard trigger won't reset

Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for quite a while. Although my parents taught me that it is rude to ask for a favor without contributing something first, I have to admit that's what I'm doing here. I have to say, though, it is an honor and a privilege to have my first post here, and hopefully I'll not only get some help, but it will prove useful to others as well.

As the title indicates, I have a Hi-Standard .22 (model 107 Supermatic Citation) whose trigger won't fully reset to the initial position after firing. If I push it forward just a hair, it will fire the next round. I'm guessing it either needs a thorough cleaning or a new spring of some sort, but I've never detailed stripped it...any advice on the problem or where I could go to learn how to properly detail strip it?

Thanks in advance!

Go to www.rimfirecentral.com, they have an excellent High Standard thread, jabarta is on there regularly, the guy is a genius with High Standards.

I've got one myself, and it's wonderfully accurate!

Thanks tortuga, I'll check that out.
    Which HS do you have?
    I inherited two of them: a Victor (107) w/the vent rib and gold accents from my grandfather, and the aforementioned Supermatic from my father. They are both incredibly accurate! As you might imagine, they are really my most prized handguns.

Hey Moe, Gotta welcome a new member and fellow Hi-Standard owner.
    I bought a 107 Citation a few years ago and had a similar problem. There was a little rust on the trigger and the pin that holds the trigger. I had to remove the pin and polish the rust off to make the trigger reset.

My father gave me his Supermatic Citation Military (very early Hartford gun) when I moved down to Florida. I've got the 7.25" barrel version. It's a great gun, AMAZING trigger, but I've been shooting a little 4" Mk II more recently, because it's almost impossible to find std. vel ammo down here. BTW, don't shoot too much hi velocity ammo through yours if it's a military frame, it could eventually crack between the mag well and the cutout for the mag release. I think there's a sticky on the other board about it.

Thanks P5 I'll check that out too

Tortuga- I feel your pain. Here in Kali the Std. Vel ammo is both rare and expensive, so I really don't know what to do...after all, part of the the joy in shooting .22's is that it is (comparatively) cheap. I'd hate for these to become safe queens - that just seems like such an insult to Dad and Grampa...