Thread: Tennessee House Votes to Allow Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol

Tennessee House Votes to Allow Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol

Tennessee House finally votes to allow carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. The bill now goes back to the Senate where it passed with a wide majority the first time, and then on to the Governor for signature. If he vetoes, the bill passed by a wide majority in both houses so an override of the veto would be almost a sure thing.

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=10324839

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The House voted Thursday to allow Tennessee handgun carry permit holders to bring their weapons into any establishment that serves alcohol.

The chamber voted 66-23 to approve the bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Curry Todd of Collierville, a retired police officer.

The measure abandons earlier efforts to impose an 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew for carrying handguns where alcohol is served and to keep a total ban on establishments that enforce age-restricted entry.
    "Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day."

Again, more firearm sanity on the way to Tennessee. I'm pretty sure the Governor won't veto this. Can he let it bocome law without his signature? My 9th grade Civics is escaping me right now.

It will become law once both houses pass the same bill and he either signs it or waits 10 days. He will probably just wait 10 days as he often does that when he doesnt want to be seen endorsing a particular policy but also doesnt want to veto it.
    Of course I think he ought to sign it. Overall he's been a pretty good gov and I would take a Democrat like him over a Republican like Sundquist any day