Thread: Seen this yet? GA student defends friends from 2 gunmen

Seen this yet? GA student defends friends from 2 gunmen

Are you listening MSNBC?!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19365762/detail.html

College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader
    Posted: 4:53 pm EDT May 4, 2009
    Updated: 9:09 am EDT May 7, 2009

COLLEGE PARK, Ga. -- A group of college students said they are lucky to be alive and they’re thanking the quick-thinking of one of their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two masked me who burst into an apartment.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones met with one of the students to talk about the incident.

“Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all,” said student Charles Bailey.

Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door.

“They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, ‘Give me your wallets and cell phones,’” said George Williams of the College Park Police Department.

Bailey said the gunmen started counting bullets. “The other guy asked how many (bullets) he had. He said he had enough,” said Bailey.

That’s when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment... continued on the link above...

"How many bullets you got?" "Enough."

Sweet Merciful Jesus!

Thank GOD for the good guy with a gun!

They may have had enough bullets, but were woefully short on brain cells.
    Igonrance is temporary, but stupidity is forever.

and apparently short on luck as well...

the libs only count the UN happy ending incidents.
    Do not demand accomplishment from those with NO talent

the libs only count the UN happy ending incidents.
    the libs only count the U. N. happy ending incidents.

There, I fixed it for you.

Pops
    Armed and Safe - not just a theory

If it is time to bury them, it is time to dig them up.
    Remember, "Behind every blade of grass."

This incident looks like it was shaping up to be another "Wichita massacre" until interrupted by an armed victim.
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

Too bad for the girl who got nicked in the shooting, but the paper says she ought to be all right. She will be a lot better than if the swine hadn't been opposed, that's for dead certain.

Another victory for free Americans.
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

the libs only count the U. N. happy ending incidents.

There, I fixed it for you.

Pops
    That's the way I read it the first time

from a strategies and tactics point of view, I would love to get more details about how the girl got hit.

Overall glad that somebody had a gun and was able to use it effectively. Would be interesting to see how his school news paper reports this.
    The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson
    http://tacticool-ninja.blogspot.com/

Good Guy 1; BG 0 (Michelle Malkin)

SELF-DEFENSE STORY OF THE DAY
    Michelle Malkin
    www.MichelleMalkin.com

Not everyone is ready to roll over and be a victim:

A group of college students say that they are lucky to be alive, and they're thanking the quick thinking of one of their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two masked [men] who burst into an apartment. Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones met with one of the students to talk about the incident. "Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all," said student Charles Bailey.

Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party, after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door. "They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, 'Give me your wallets and cell phones,' " said George Williams of the College Park Police Department. Bailey said the gunmen started counting bullets. "The other guy asked how many (cartridges) he had. He said he had enough," said Bailey. That's when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment.

The student then ran to the other room where the women were being held hostage by the second gunmen, who was preparing to rape them. The student fired and the second gunman jumped out a window; he was later found dead.
    See what others have said:
    Note from Michelle: This section is for comments from www.michellemalkin.com

1. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away… Protect thyself! Good job.

2. Sounds racist to me. Taking defensive action without first verifying the ethnicity of the attackers in case they belonged to a protected minority.

3. "Blam! Blam! Blam! Stop or I'll shoot!"
    That's how it's done. This student must have had self-defense gun training.

4. Guns are good, and locks only keep out honest people; Self-defense is the key!

5. Buy a gun. Help the economy.

6. Amazing that he even had a gun to defend himself these days. I'm sure the gubmint will need to investigate that. Meanwhile, 10 lives saved.

7. "…And I heard someone say, 'Someone help me. Call the police. Somebody call the police,' " said a neighbor. The neighbor said she believes it was Lavant, who was found dead near the apartment, only one building away. So, the robber-rapist wanted the cops to save his butt from the crazed, victim…

8. Under our new law, is this now considered a hate crime?

9. If only the apartment were in a 'gun-free' zone none of this would have ever happened (unless, of course, the gunmen couldn't read).

Well done. Hopefully, the other crook is found dead somewhere too, so that we don't have to waste taxpayer money on a trial.

10. Huzzah!

11. If I did that here in CA, I'd be in jail for a litany of charges. Never mind the poor, misunderstood criminal. He was just suffering from the down economy.

12. Don't expect much press on this. With any press that does come, some pundit will comment 'I'm grateful no one else was hurt, but the student took an unnecessary risk and could have exacerbated the situation. Innocent people could have been hurt, especially the women when he went after the second 'alleged' perpetrator.'

13. I'm sure this bad guy will have the ACLU and all of its affiliates pressing charges within days.

14. The lib ponders 'I wonder what we did that would provoke these gunman,' while the conservative takes action and shoots a hole through the perp…saves the day. That is the difference between the two. Enough said.

15. If they catch the second gunman, they should charge him with murder (for the death of his buddy) and ADW for the injuries done to the girl. Add on time for use of guns, and he should spend at LEAST a decade in jail. Okay, okay, that part is depressing… but prayers out to the girl for sure.

16. DRT (dead right there)
    TU (tango uniform) (toes up)
    At least there is one less dumb-mass in the gene pool.

17. This was a black-on-black crime, so there will probably be little outrage from the left.

18. I believe the very best gun control is handled in three steps:
    1. Take a deep cleansing breath
    2. Let half the breath out slowly then hold it.
    3. Gently squeeze the trigger, don't yank it.
    Kudos to the brave student who proved to have more brains, courage, and testosterone than the entire Obama cabinet combined!

they catch the second gunman, they should charge him with murder (for the death of his buddy)
    I disagree with this notion, and I hear it often... To me, the dead criminal doesn't rate to have his life valued worthy of murder. Besides, he was a willing participant in a risky venture.

That's not to say his buddy shouldn't get life or ride the needle for his part. Just not based on his buddy's demise.
    WWW.CCDL.US Connecticut Citizens Defense League

"We The People" not "You The Government"!

Michelle Malkin!

SELF-DEFENSE STORY OF THE DAY
    www.MichelleMalkin.com

Not everyone is ready to roll over and be a victim:

A group of college students say that they are lucky to be alive, and they're thanking the quick thinking of one of their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two masked [men] who burst into an apartment. Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones met with one of the students to talk about the incident. "Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all," said student Charles Bailey.

Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party, after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door. "They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, 'Give me your wallets and cell phones,' " said George Williams of the College Park Police Department. Bailey said the gunmen started counting bullets. "The other guy asked how many (cartridges) he had. He said he had enough," said Bailey. That's when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment.
    The student then ran to the other room where the women were being held hostage by the second gunmen, who was preparing to rape them. The student fired and the second gunman jumped out a window; he was later found dead.

See what others have said:
    Note from Michelle: This section is for comments from www.michellemalkin.com

1. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away… Protect thyself! Good job.

2. Sounds racist to me. Taking defensive action without first verifying the ethnicity of the attackers in case they belonged to a protected minority.

3. "Blam! Blam! Blam! Stop or I'll shoot!"
    That's how it's done. This student must have had self-defense gun training.

4. Guns are good, and locks only keep out honest people; Self-defense is the key!

5. Buy a gun. Help the economy.

6. Amazing that he even had a gun to defend himself these days. I'm sure the gubmint will need to investigate that. Meanwhile, 10 lives saved.

7. "…And I heard someone say, 'Someone help me. Call the police. Somebody call the police,' " said a neighbor. The neighbor said she believes it was Lavant, who was found dead near the apartment, only one building away. So, the robber-rapist wanted the cops to save his butt from the crazed, victim…

8. Under our new law, is this now considered a hate crime?

9. If only the apartment were in a 'gun-free' zone none of this would have ever happened (unless, of course, the gunmen couldn't read).

Well done. Hopefully, the other crook is found dead somewhere too, so that we don't have to waste taxpayer money on a trial.

10. Huzzah!

11. If I did that here in CA, I'd be in jail for a litany of charges. Never mind the poor, misunderstood criminal. He was just suffering from the down economy.

12. Don't expect much press on this. With any press that does come, some pundit will comment 'I'm grateful no one else was hurt, but the student took an unnecessary risk and could have exacerbated the situation. Innocent people could have been hurt, especially the women when he went after the second 'alleged' perpetrator.'

13. I'm sure this bad guy will have the ACLU and all of its affiliates pressing charges within days.

14. The lib ponders 'I wonder what we did that would provoke these gunman,' while the conservative takes action and shoots a hole through the perp…saves the day. That is the difference between the two. Enough said.

15. If they catch the second gunman, they should charge him with murder (for the death of his buddy) and ADW for the injuries done to the girl. Add on time for use of guns, and he should spend at LEAST a decade in jail. Okay, okay, that part is depressing… but prayers out to the girl for sure.

16. DRT (dead right there)
    TU (tango uniform) (toes up)
    At least there is one less dumb-mass in the gene pool.

17. This was a black-on-black crime, so there will probably be little outrage from the left.

18. I believe the very best gun control is handled in three steps:
    1. Take a deep cleansing breath
    2. Let half the breath out slowly then hold it.
    3. Gently squeeze the trigger, don't yank it.
    Kudos to the brave student who proved to have more brains, courage, and testosterone than the entire Obama cabinet combined!

The student fired and the second gunman jumped out a window; he was later found dead.
    See? Once in a great while, the criminal does the right thing.
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

I disagree with this notion, and I hear it often... To me, the dead criminal doesn't rate to have his life valued worthy of murder. Besides, he was a willing participant in a risky venture.
    Its the law in Florida and several states.
    There may are may not be a deterrent affect.
    But I agree with it.
    If you are going into a criminal enterprise that results in murder, you should face the same punishment as the person(s) pulling the trigger or stabbing with that knife or even if the intended victim(s) ends up killing your accomplice(s) to defend themselves as in this case.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

If they catch the second gunman, they should charge him with murder (for the death of his buddy)
    In Florida, he would be charged with the death. And he should be. Along with a whole list of other charges.
    (YEP, a tall tree and a short rope comes to mind.)

In Florida, he would be charged with the death. And he should be. Along with a whole list of other charges.
    (YEP, a tall tree and a short rope comes to mind.)
    Agree heartily with the first paragraph.
    Second paragraph is somewhat extreme.I wouldn't mind the tree and the rope as long as there is a impaneled jury rendering the verdict in between.

one of the comments from the malkin site made me think

does this help the unemployment figures?

I know I know boooo, inappropriate. I should consider the feelings of this guy's family who is no doubt in shock that this happened. This must have been a misunderstanding because Lavant was a great guy, always had a smile, was going back to school to make something of himself, had 3 kids who loved him dearly, was mentoring at a local school.... Wait for it, we'll be hearing that soon enough from our malpractice media, soon, real soon.

Threads merged.
    Send lawyers, guns, and money . . .

Guys, sometimes we have to sacrifice something in order to have time to do something else. In this regard, the modern generation is increasingly faced with the fact that there is no time left for writing essays and other written assignments. I think you will agree with me. If it wasn`t Essays.Assigncode essay writing services, it would be difficult for modern students.
    Last edited by fooieks; May 23rd, 2020 at 12:16 PM.