Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Abortion Dr. Shot

Abortion Dr. Shot

Is it ok to kill the Dr? Is this a correct ethical way of handling it?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tiller_shooting

Abortion is an ethical issue, we have discussed it quite a bit.

To shoot someone is an ethical issue also.

The situation is, "law abiding" or not?

Regards

No. I don't think it's right to kill him. Even though what he does for a living is wrong that doesn't give anyone the right to kill that person. And this Dr.was a church member? I think that if you were a true Christian you wouldn't be in his line of practice.
    NRA life member, Support Our Troops,
    Pointman Ministries Member
    MMCDC Member

the gunman fled the scene in a 1993 powder blue Ford Taurus
    If someone's killing the doctor to "save the innocent children," then I would expect him stand his ground, be arrested, and make his case.

This guy fled, indicating he knows he's a murderer, pure and simple. (I will not do the pro-life crowd the disservice of assuming that this murderer is anything but an aberration and a stain upon their cause.)

Murder is clearly not "law abiding."

Then there is the dichotomy of someone who supposedly believes strongly in the sanctity of life, but evidences their belief by taking a life.

the gunman fled the scene in a 1993 powder blue Ford Taurus
    And they couldn't just follow the trail of drag marks from the loose bumpers? I want this guy caught so I can find out who his mechanic is.

As for the doc, I don't see how his supporters can complain about this late term abortion.
    Being right too soon is socially unacceptable. - Robert A. Heinlein

Blog - updated irregularly
    Photos - still under construction, suggestions welcome

As for the doc, I don't see how his supporters can complain about this late term abortion.
    Is that a vote for the murder of the not-so-recently-born?

When the courts permanently foreclose all democratic outlet for the deep passions the abortion issue arouses, you can expect this type of violence.

Anyway, my opinion on the abortion issue would not be classified by most people as pro-life, but I can't say I'm sorry to see this guy go. Tiller was not just any abortionist, he was one of only three abortionists in the country that performed post-viability abortions. That means he was killing babies that were actually capable of surviving outside the womb. These were no longer "fetuses", they were premature babies by anyone's definition. In fact, that was his specialty. It was his stock in trade. He killed them all the way up to nine months. People traveled to his "clinic" from all over the country for this "service."

Good riddance, Tiller. If there is a God, you are certainly burning in the hottest part of hell right now. Enjoy eternity.

I don't see how his supporters can complain
    If you don't see, then no one can show you.
    you can expect this type of violence...Tiller was not just any abortionist
    This murder not principled violence; it is a cowardly and criminal act, by someone who is now trying to flee his own accounting.

(I will be intrigued to hear the other reasons that will be offered that his murder should be consider justified, excusable, or understandable. Hey, maybe even brave and heroic.)

I was following this story on another site,

The guy who shot him is gonna get it, bad.

The doctor was a BIG TIME donater to the Democrats, I'm guessing life, and the media going on about how "wonderful" the "dr" was, Oh and they will find some way to augment guns into this.
    Last edited by Gunnerpalace; May 31st, 2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: I dont have spellcheck yet.
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and demonized, served hero and villain alike, and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history. "From Tales of the Gun"

The guy who shot him is gonna get it, bad.
    If he had a jury randomly selected from the community and was allowed to present a nullificationist defense (the way things are supposed to be in this country), no jury would convict him. But no judge will allow that to happen.

Good riddance, Tiller. If there is a God, you are certainly burning in the hottest part of hell right now. Enjoy eternity.
    I can appreciate the sentiment for the result, but that begs the question of whether two wrongs make a right.

I have a different perspective. This incident will be used as an example of just how dangerous the right wing extremists are on our country. They simply can't be trusted with their bible-clinging, gun toting ways.

And unfortunate incident that may yet have very unfortunate consequences.

Where is the outcry from Christians?

Sadly, Oldskoolfan, too many Christians think capitol punishment is wrong and abortion is okay. Most likely just as many are 180 on the subject.

Me? I'm anti-abortion but think killing a doctor is the wrong way to change things. One murder to stop another just doesn't make sense.

Yes, some doctors will quit out of fear for their lives. Others may go underground and that's bad for the women who seek abortions. Outlawing won't stop abortions. It will just be done by back alley quacks like it was done before Roe v Wade.
    Last edited by csmkersh; May 31st, 2009 at 07:02 PM.

A rope would have been more appropriate.
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

Right here:

I guess these people are ok with both the mother and fetus dying from "falling down the stairs" and coat hanger abortions, but not just the fetus alone. Killing doctors and forcing "christian" beliefs on others doesn't sound very christian to me.

Actually, it sounds a whole lot like the current Taliban tactics doesn't it?

http://freebird.instablogs.com/entry...ng-pant-shirt/

"The threatening letters, sent to the hospitals, have reportedly come from Tehrik-e-Taliban who have ‘ordered’ the doctors to stop wearing pant-shirt or else get ready for suicide bombing."

I'm really starting to wonder about any religion that came out of that area of the world.

Right here:
    I am not a Christian, I'm an agnostic. You should have guessed this by my statement "if there is a God..."

Dr. Tiller was one of the only doctors in the country to perform late term abortions. Late term abortions are very rare and only happen in cases of severe fetal deformation or threat to the health of the mother. No one gets seven or eight months into a pregnancy before deciding they don't want to have a baby. In addition to the immorality of the murder, this also creates a health care crisis among his patients who may not have an experienced doctor to go to.

Again, it's about severe fetal deformation and threats to the mother's health. Not deciding you don't want a kid.
    A man who wishes to make a profession of goodness in everything must necessarily come to grief among so many who are not good. Therefore it is necessary for a prince, who wishes to maintain himself, to learn how not to be good.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

Late term abortions...only happen in cases of severe fetal deformation or threat to the health of the mother.
    Records kept by the state of Kansas show that most of the abortions performed by this man were done to preserve the woman's "mental health." This basically means that Tiller was killing premature babies for the sake of convenience:

http://www.abortiontv.com/Methods/GeorgeTiller.htm

Assassination is still a tool of terrorism.

I am not a Christian, I'm an agnostic. You should have guessed this by my statement "if there is a God..."
    Ah, sorry for misconstruing your comment as christian, it was just about the same as some on another board that were christian.

Travis, AbortionTV.com is an anti-abortion website. You have any stats from a neutral source?
    A man who wishes to make a profession of goodness in everything must necessarily come to grief among so many who are not good. Therefore it is necessary for a prince, who wishes to maintain himself, to learn how not to be good.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

Assassination is still a tool of terrorism.
    Here is the definition of the word "terrorism" fom dictionary.com:

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Our founding fathers, by this definition, were terrorists.

Terrorism is sometimes justified, especially when when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce people under absolute despotism.

Travis, AbortionTV.com is an anti-abortion website. You have any stats from a neutral source?
    Abortiontv's stats are from the Kansas Department of Health and Environmental Statistics. They are linked here. You don't call that a neutral source?

Closed Thread