Thread: Come to Chicago....

Come to Chicago....

Tell Mayor Daley he's wrong, tell Mr. Stroger to find a new job, and thank Mr. Conner for his truth.

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread...=1#post5142295
    When I joined, I swore to protect and defend the Constitution. No one ever said I was relieved of that oath.

Mayor Daley? Do you mean His Royal Highness, King Daley II?

I'm glad I no longer live under his reign.

-=EDIT=-

100 post mark. For whatever that's worth
    Last edited by Floater; June 3rd, 2009 at 12:38 PM.
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway

My Grandson just went to the location North of Chi town. Lake Bluff.

He is visiting a friend at the Naval station... Not Chicago but close, town seems to be a real good one.

Regards

Come to Chicago...

Tell Mayor Daley he's wrong, tell Mr. Stroger to find a new job, and thank Mr. Conner for his truth
    I go to Chicago almost every year.I have close relations there.The people are very friendly.The downtown is wonderful and State Street is that great street.The restaurants and pubs are terrific.Soldier Field and Wrigley Field are fabulous.
    Lake Michigan is fantastic as are the incredible skyscrapers.O'Hare is a fine user friendly airport if there is such a thing.
    If it wasn't for those horrible politicians Chicago's citizens keep electing, it would truly be a great town.
    Maybe some day........
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

I hope you come...

on June 26th, the weather has turned nice, the natives are restless and as the NRA vs Chicago is headed for the USSC, we have plenty to talk about. PM me if you can visit!
    When I joined, I swore to protect and defend the Constitution. No one ever said I was relieved of that oath.

Harley....

Way back when I was an earnest young sailor ,I spent a wonderful summer at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center. Now it's the only boot camp the Navy has and the sorrounding towns, especially those with lake frontage are high end $$$$$$! They do have some lower cost housing for workers etc. but they are well to do and were the birth place of the oft maligned police paractice of "racial profiling". It became an issue when valid workers who lived in town were stopped.

The golf course on base is nice and of course the Vet Hospital is the best having been recently $$$$$ified. But I digress, venture further south, along the lake to where the buildings reach the sky. Turn right past the second to the tallest and go just more than halfway towards the tallest. Look for the red flamingo.

I'll have to tell him about it

He called today sounded good, he is there for the summer, and back here in N CA for college, I think Never can tell?

Regards