Thread: p3at recoil springs

p3at recoil springs

My Kel-tec P3at throws the brass straight up and about 30 feet back. I always lose a few pieces whenever I practice. The gun club has recently put up a shelter at the outdoor pistol range, and my brass was hitting the ceiling (10 or 12 feet up) hard enough to dent the case mouths. This was just with factory practice ammo (Winchester WB.) My reloads are even worse (95 grain cast bullets w/ max charge of Unique)

Would a stronger recoil spring help? Or will that just make it stovepipe? Wolff makes a spring set for the P3at, or they sell the springs individually:
    Code:
    Recoil Calibration Pak 
    This pak contains 1 each of 13, 15 and 16 Lb. recoil spring sets for the P3AT and 3 extra power firing pin springs. 
    Allows the shooter a choice of recoil springs to calibrate the recoil function and saving 20% over individual spring prices. 
    Stock No. 13215  - P3AT XP Recoil Calibration Pak..... $ 21.49
    Thanks.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" —Kenny Rogers

bang

why dont you cut the load back.my 1911 drops them beside me.I shot target loads.but I could use them for defence if I wanted to.aan I am confident the perp would go down.

Winchester white box does the same thing, they just don't hit the ceiling quite as hard. Also the much lighter loads that I tried (3.0 grains of International Clays w/ 95 grain cast bullets.)

This is a .380 with a really short barrel, not a 1911, so I don't want to go too light with it.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" —Kenny Rogers

RE: Recoil springs

Try the calibration pack, especially if you're going to run the warmer stuff in these little pocket rockets. Slide velocity of a given speed is needed to cycle the gun, and as they have little enough to hang to as is, you may be better off by shortening and reshaping the ejector and ejector face, altering the angle of ''flight'' A good brass catcher might help also... hth

Blasternaz
    "The Second Amendment is the Iron Fist within the Kid Glove of the Bill of Rights"
    L. Mike Simmons, 1989