Thread: FEG pa-63 9mm short

FEG pa-63 9mm short

i have an feg pa-63 ap9 (NOT a mak). can't seem to find any info on it (possible age, value, history, etc.). any help apreciated.

Hungarian-made, aluminum-framed clone of the Walther PP in .380acp (aka 9mm Short). I seem to recall that the AP9 model was a .32acp, though - I think that they've made these since the late 50s or early 60s. Value - no idea, I'm afraid.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

PA-63's are usually chambered for the mak 9x18, and those run about $200 on most of the internet sites... so with registration fees, about $235-$250

Being chambered in .380, it would be a bit more of a saleable gun, but I don't think the value would jump all that much. I have a 9x18 model, but haven't seen a .380 com across in the stores. It might have some value just as an oddity, but there are tons of the 9x18's out there.

WT
    "What man is a man that does not make the world a better place?"... from "Kingdom of Heaven"
    True patriots feel that there is no problem in our Republic that cannot be solved by election, windage and elevation, or superior firepower.

For general info on Hungarian military firearms, try this link:

http://www.hungariae.com/

For specific info on the PA-63, use this link from the site above:

http://www.hungariae.com/FegPA63.htm

BTW, is it really in 9 mm Short (which would be .380 ACP in the US) or is it in 9 mm Mak like most of them?

HTH,

Buckshot

I thought that the calibers available were 9X18 (own one) and .32 ACP (almost bought one.) Unless I'm completely remebering something incorrectly, I don't think .380 (9X17) was an option. Was it?
    A Makarov? Simple, easy and works perfectly every time. íVale!

Not in the PA-63, but there were many Walther variants made by FEG that did, including the WALAM.

Ash

The .380 model was the PMK-380
    My Iraq Pics

There were many 380 models.

Patterned as the PA-63 or AP9 as the OP states? Awesome - what models were they?
    My Iraq Pics

Having picked up a FEG AP9 at a gun show in a fit of who-knows-what a few years back, I can testify that the little (compared to my Hi-Power) pistol is reasonably accurate, but it does have a trigger pull in SA-mode that must be high single-digit, and DA must be off the charts. With the proper ammunition(not some Russian stuff that was DIRTY) this may be an acceptable back-up, but get the trigger worked on.

I was specifically speaking of those marked as pa-63 or ap9 as the OP asked, but nm. I added those other models to my store of knowledge anyway. Thanks, Ash
    My Iraq Pics

Andy C.,

All kinds of things are possible.

I own an R61, which is a FEG copy of the PPK. The site I posted shows it as being available only in 9 mm Mak, but the one I have is chambered for .380 ACP (marked as 9 mm Short on barrel hood).

Century imported a batch of these just before 9 mm Mak became popular and re-barreled them to .380 ACP. The markings on the slide list 9mmM.

Buckshot

The stock (horrible) trigger can be made lots better with a change of springs. IIRC Wolf sells a 9lb main spring and a 13lb recoil spring that help immensely.
    9mm Mak is still a snappy little round though.
    "People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society." Marko - http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.co...-plagiarizing/

Quote Originally Posted by No3buckshot
    I own an R61, which is a FEG copy of the PPK. The site I posted shows it as being available only in 9 mm Mak, but the one I have is chambered for .380 ACP (marked as 9 mm Short on barrel hood).

Century imported a batch of these just before 9 mm Mak became popular and re-barreled them to .380 ACP. The markings on the slide list 9mmM.
    Point taken, yes, but I'm wondering if the OP's pistol came that way from the factory or if it was chambered for .380 afterwards. I'm real curious about this one
    My Iraq Pics

Possible Help

http://p64.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com

Click on the forum tab for the bryco forum when you get there.
    These places have staff and members who have a goodly knowledge of the F.E.G. P-63.
    Lifetime NRA member. Join the NRA or some pro-gun group. www.rugerforum.com www.taurusarmed.net www.rugerforum.net Ruger P95 Ruger P97 Ruger 22/45 Ruger MK.III 2 Ruger Mini-14s Ruger SR9 SIG P6 2 Makarovs Taurus PT111 Mil/Pro Taurus PT22 Beretta Cx4carbine
    Taurus 65,66(2),82,85CH,94 Rossi 462 H&R649