Thread: Kaiser Universal Sight Pusher (UNI-2OOL)

Kaiser Universal Sight Pusher (UNI-2OOL)

Has anyone ever used this before?
    Kaiser Tool

It appears by the video that it should work very well for $140 compared to the B&J tool and the $400+ Meprolight tool. I have a G19 and a HK P2000 that I have sights for and need them installed. The only local smith has had the HK for a month and isn't done so I am going to pick it up and see if this tool will work if nobody has any total negatives. It has the angled and straight pusher built into one. It looks like a good tool. What does the hive mind think?
    An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man a subject, and a disarmed man a slave. Which do you want to be?

I own a B&J tool I bought during a Midway sale, and it works fine - although you do have to fiddle with it some to set it up for your particular gun's slide. The B&J system clamps the slide down solidly in the tool, and you adjust the pusher screw's position up/down to align it with the sight/dovetail.

This gadget, however, seems to keep the pusher bracket stationary, and you adjust the position of the slide up/down to align the sight with the pusher bracket. Seems to be a fair bit more user-friendly, with less fine adjustments needed during set-up.

The price is definitely fair, I'd say go for it.
    "When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave Them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: 'Stick to the Devil you know.' "

- Rudyard Kipling, The Gods of the Copybook Headings, 1919

"These are my true riches. A man's worth is counted in the number of his rifles."

- Mulay Achmed Mohammed Raisuli the Magnificent(Sean Connery), The Wind and the Lion, John Milius(Warner Brothers, 1975)

Anyone have an follow-up on this tool? I'm considering one, but since my collection is rather ecclectic, (Makarov, CZ-52, CZ-82, TT-33C) I'd like to think I had at least a chance of it working on some of these.
    "You hit that fella from behind!" -- "Just as hard as I could."

Mostly mil-surp. Definitely not enough ammo.
    NRA Life Member

I wound up getting the USIT for $225 used.
    An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man a subject, and a disarmed man a slave. Which do you want to be?

That sucks, I just came across your post. I've got a Uni tool and it is AWESOME. It works for anything dovetailed. It makes swapping Sig sights very easy. Its also great for some other stuff and is a great sub for having a Sig tool, a Glock tool, a Meprolight tool, etc...
    -The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those that will work and give to those that would not.
    -Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

I've used the B&J Machine Universal sight pusher for about 3 years now. Of the three Kimber fixed sights I've tried it on, I was only able to move one with this sight pusher. It works for most other guns but you have to be very very careful when using it to keep it lined up on the sight. They give you two tips for the pusher with the tool. One is round and the other square. These tips DO rotate as you screw in the pusher and they will mar the sights or will scrape the metal off the gun if it gets below the dovetail. I only use the square pusher and use an open end wrench to keep the tip from rotating.