Thread: Staunton Shoot n' Greet #0908

Staunton Shoot n' Greet #0908

Howdy all.
    I have a terrible headache tonight so this one will be brief. We're having a "Shoot n' Greet" this Saturday the 29'th to accommodate the fact that some of us couldn't make the last one and we're running out of Summer!

All of the other info is the same as usual (see below).

WHEN: Saturday - August 29'th, anytime after 11:30am
    WHERE: Hite Hollow Range, Staunton, VA

Can't wait to see y'all there!

Zespectre
    "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on"

Do you have an address that I can plug into mapquest or something?

From Richmond:

I-64 west to exit 87

South on I-81 about a mile.

Take the first exit, onto rt. 262. I think the exit number is either 220 or 221, not sure.

Follow Rt. 262 a few miles until you get to the Parkersburg Pike exit. It should be the fourth exit.

Turn left "west" on Parkersburg Pike. Keep going until you get into Augusta Springs, and watch for the signs to turn right on the gravel road.

From the north:

Take exit 225 off of I-81.

Heading south, you will turn right on rt. 262. Follow rt. 262 maybe 5 miles until you get to the Parkersbug Pike exit. It will be the 6th road/exit.

Turn right onto Parkersburg Pike. Keep going until you get into Augusta Springs, and watch for the signs to turn right on the gravel road.

The last person I talked to who used a GPS to get there, took a nice tour of Downtown Staunton! The above is the direct route!

The last person I talked to who used a GPS to get there, took a nice tour of Downtown Staunton! The above is the direct route!

That would be me...talk about a pain in the backside. Take the direct route...you'll thank him later.
    "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing will begin in five minutes."
    (Ronald Reagan 11 August 1984)

Decimal Degrees (WGS84)
    Latitude Longitude
    38.117683 -79.344417

Degrees, Minutes & Seconds
    Latitude Longitude
    N38 07 03 W79 20 39

GPS
    Latitude Longitude
    N 38 07.061 W 79 20.665

UTM
    X Y
    17N 645128 4220167
    Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy" NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV
    I don't have NEAR enough ammo!

HH,
    If those are the same decimal degrees that you posted in one of the early SnG threads, they get you right to the sign at the driveway to the range - perfect!

Mike D. - new to GPSs

By the way, Parkersburg Pike "rt. 254" turns into Rt. 42 when you pass the gas station with the buffalo on top. Same road, different number, just keep going straigt!

Ok so I think I'll be able to go. I'm not 100% though. Even if I can make it, my HK USPc won't be able to. It's still at HK getting converted from LEM to V1 trigger operation. Me personally, I've always hated the LEM so getting it back to V1 will be a pleasent event.

Anyhoo, as I mentioned, I've got some new toys but at this point I need more ammo. These are the weapons I'll be bringing if I can make it.

And in no particular order, here they are;
    #1 - Sig Mosquito .22lr (I'm even running low on 22's)
    #2 - Marlin 336 w/a remmy scope 30-30 (have less than 60rds)
    #3 - Benelli M1 Super 90 12ga (got plenty of bird shot though)
    #4 - Intratec tec-22 scorpion 22lr with a couple 50rd mags (the reason I'm low on 22's)

The last one is my official zombie pistol lol. I'm sure anyone who tries it will end up with a smile on their face. Suprisingly enough, it doesn't like rapid fire but here's a pic of what one 50rd mag's worth of damage looks like.

I hope to be able to make it this time. I'd love to meet you all.

I'm sorry guys but an old back injury has flared up due to me over using the weedeater the other day. Seeing as how the SNG started like an hour ago, I'm just not going to be able to make it. I am truely sorry that I missed it yet again.

Here are some slide shows from today...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYahHS_KSbo

Made this one of my wife playibf with Dad's (RIP) old .38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3IyXjnmHEw
    Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy" NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV
    I don't have NEAR enough ammo!

Thanks for the geat slideshow.
    Good GOD I need to loose weight <sigh>.

::Thinking to one's self, thank god I wasn't there or else my fat butt would've been on camera too:: LOL

Again, I'm really sorry you guys. I really wanted to be there but if any of you have had back injuries in the past, you know that they can be darn near debilitating.

Silentsoul3401,
    There will be others (next month in fact) and my Brother in law just had to undergo emergency back surgery for an old injury that caught up with him so believe me I understand!

This shoot was a good time. The weather was great. In the picture I am holding a clay pidgeon with the middle shot out of it (accidentally).

Mike D.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MikeD999999; September 2nd, 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: pics are failing to upload - don't know why

Hey Ze, can you go ahead and start the next SNG thread? I'll probably need a ride and want to ask ahead of time this go around. Thanks!

Hey Ze, can you go ahead and start the next SNG thread? I'll probably need a ride and want to ask ahead of time this go around. Thanks!
    DONE
    http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread...05#post5172605