Thread: "IAC Billerica Ma"

"IAC Billerica Ma"

IAC Billerica Ma

A great many folks have seen this marking on a used gun they own. The Interstate Arms Corporation is known for cheap (price wise, not necessarily quality) reproductions. I understand that they are also involved in importing firearms.

I recently purchased a S&W mdl 13-2. I hadn't noticed until I brought it home and began cleaning it that there was a marking under the barrel, reading "IAC Billerica Ma." This was pretty exciting, I thought maybe I just got a police or security gun! I was also intrigued, as my mother's side of the family hails from Billerica.

Kind of funny, though, that an American made firearm, that was built just down the road in Springfield, was imported! Is there any way to find out from where it was imported? Even better, from whom?
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

Smith might know, think they charge for that research.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

It's likely a gun that was sold to a foreign police department, and when retired was returned to the US. S&W sold 13s to Thailand and Canadian police forces, and maybe others as well. The Thai 13s were in .38 Spl.
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."

Interesting, I had never heard of them. They are 3 miles down the street! Looks like they only do LEO/Wholesale sales. Too bad, that would be convenient.

Dope
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars. -griz

S&W

34,000 revolvers were exported in 2007.annual firearms manufacturing and export report.ther were 391,334 total made.right from the BATF.
    I know there is a large dealer in billrica maybe an ofshoot.
    I came from Mass also.glad to be gone.after 76 yrs.