Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite cap and ball revolver

I'm short on ideas this morning so how about some more short revolvers.

This one was identified as a bobbed Trapper but could be a cut down police model.

The more I look at this front sight the more I like it. I think I need to make one for my snubbie project.

More shorties.
    Last edited by madcratebuilder; December 2nd, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
    A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

MCB
    Man you got a lot of toys.
    I am trying to play catch up.LOL
    Check out my new website and pass around the link.
    http://www.bbgcustomleather.com
    "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie".
    "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns".

So... how many in the photos are yours?
    Hell, I can only afford to collect the pictures!

I'm sure most of you remember my snubbie project, still unfinished. I don't have any spare time now that I'm retired.

Nickle plate the frame and decide on a front sight if any. I did get the hammer bobbed, arbor and wedge are fit.
    A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

For a front sight, you don't need a shark fin like this but it sure gives you enough to file for elavation! I have since trimmed it down to hit at 25 yards, drifted for windage and bent the wings down to keep it in place.

Okay, I did not know we could show the "wished for" revolvers!

Here's mine, I was supposed to buy this after I lost weight and got back under 200 pounds. Took me a bit longer than I planned and the revolver was sold. Still looking for another similar one.

MCB, that is going to be one fine shorty when it's done.
    "Your firing is very good. Keep at it, every shot is telling" Admiral Horace Hood, on board HMS Invicible, shortly before she exploded.

It appears this thread has rested for a couple of days so here is another photo to view with your morning coffee.

One new, one old, both 1860s. As some of you know, I really like 1860s.

Good morning SH, 1860's it is. The 1860 is a very historical revolver. Saw service in the Civil War and the westward expansion of the Nation.

Here's my Belgium made Centaure Colt.

Full fluted 3rd gen.

More to follow, I just realized I don't have any photos of my most prized 1860. I have to do my daily chores now.

Colt 3rd Gen 1860 Army, nickle plated, three digit serial number. Colt flask and mold. The percussion cap cardboard container is from Dreyse & Collenbusch, Sommerda, Prussia, that should make it pre 1871.

SWEET MCB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee = AKA Man of many Colt's - alter ego of Diabolical Ken,
    SASS 28654-L-TG; Rangemaster, Frontiersman/Pistoleer
    "Cynic: A Blackguard whose faulty visions sees things as they are, not as they should be." Ambrose Bierce

Steve
    Man you have been holding out on me. That is one beautiful piece.
    Check out my new website and pass around the link.
    http://www.bbgcustomleather.com
    "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie".
    "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns".

That one's a heartbreaker MCB ... very nice.
    "I Smoke Black Powder" "Favor 1858 NMA Remington"
    Mosby's Rangers 43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.
    SASS# 19634

I like this little thing!

It only weighs a little over 4 pounds but shoots 60 grains of black powder under a 210 grain lead bullet.

Nice looking early third model Dragoon of got their 72coupe. You can really get 60grs under a conical in that thing? Is it a ASM?

Madcrate it is a last years model Uberti from Dixie Gun Works. And yes there is room for 60 grains by volume with plenty of room left for that Lee cast blackpowder bullet.

That bullet shoots amazingly well in my 1858 Lyman Remington.

Here are a couple of my favorite 2nd Gens:

And:

And then there's this one - not a 2nd Gen; but who cares.

BTW, Like MCB - I'm a picture collector. My meager Civil Service retirement won't finance the real thing.
    Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee = AKA Man of many Colt's - alter ego of Diabolical Ken,
    "Cynic: A Blackguard whose faulty visions sees things as they are, not as they should be." Ambrose Bierce

That Paterson sure is handsome. If I ever run across a 3rd gen for sale I'll probably have a heart attack figuring out what I can sell so I can buy it.

My favourite with a 50yd offhand target:

I just recently got a 1 of 500 cased set 2nd Gen Pocket Police. Now I've got all four of the 1 of 500 sets made.

DROOL

Between Fingers McGee and madcratebuilder, I have seen an awful lot of pretty revolvers. Makes me sorted of pleased to see so many. Thanks for posting them.

Fingers, those cased pocket revolver are awesome. I haven't seen the one with the white grips and belt buckle before, that's nice. I have the Police cased set and my 62 Navy and Baby are without cases.

I'm running out of photo's to post. I have a few unusual ones that I'll add.

20ga Howdah, I've only had this out two times, it is a lot of fun, slow to load but a lot of that is me, first time with a muzzle loading shotgun. I'm feeling comfortable with it now that I have fired it a few dozen times.

Madcratebuilder, is that a swivel mounted ramrod on your howdah?
    "Your firing is very good. Keep at it, every shot is telling" Admiral Horace Hood, on board HMS Invicible, shortly before she exploded.

Madcratebuilder, is that a swivel mounted ramrod on your howdah?
    Yes it is. The only fault with these is it's possible to spill shot down the ram rod hole in the stock and the shot can work it's way into the lock area. It's an easy fix with some bedding material, JB or about anything to plug the end of the hole.

MCB,

The buckle was originally issued with the set. The faux Ivory grips were added by the first owner. I do have the original SN matching walnut grips for it too.

There are a couple of the cased sets on GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=149459489

and

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=148795481

You're welcome StrawHat. Glad we can add to your enjoyment of the site.