Thread: The movie "The Blind Side"

The movie "The Blind Side"

I just saw the movie "The Blind Side", it was a really good movie about football (had Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw).

Anywhere, there was one quote that I laughed pretty hard from the movie that I wanted to share. Sandra was going to look for her adoptive son (Michael Oher -aka "Big Mike") after he ran away and she went to the ghetto area of Memphis and ran into a gang that knew of big Mike. The gang guy pretty much threatened to get Mike the next time he saw her and this set off Sandra saying that any threat against her boy was a threat to her. I'm going to mess up this exchange some but you'll get the gist...

Sandra: "I'm a Republican and a member of the NRA and I'm always packing"

Thug: *laughs* "What you got in there...a 22? A Saturday Night Special?" *laughs again*

Sandra: "That's right, and it shoots straight every other day of the week too" *taps her purse, smiles, and walks away*

When Sandra said this, I think I laughed about as hard as any other spot in the movie and the thugs face just fell! Anyway, good movie.
    The education of a man is never completed until he dies - General Robert E. Lee
    Jose F. Martinez III
    M-III Engineering, PLLC

So what's Sandra Bullock's stance on guns and concealed carry when she's not playing a role on screen?

No earthly idea....the line was funny and the movie was good.
    The education of a man is never completed until he dies - General Robert E. Lee
    Jose F. Martinez III
    M-III Engineering, PLLC

wife enjoyed the film.. I stayed home and watched football and cleaned guns
    whirled peas Through Superior Firepower

Great pro gun movie line! Thanks.

I will see this movie when it comes out on a rental movie - a 99 cents deal.

Catherine
    Closed Account

Thanks for the review. The line is funny as well.

Great line, from an even better movie. Well worth the $5 Sunday morning matine (sp?) price. And IMO the best part about the movie is the fact that it's a true story. Oh, and SJ's character was a lot of laughs.

Wyman

Regarding Sandra.After an exhaustive CID investigation, no opinions on guns, pro or con could be found on Ms Bullock.
    She plays those cards very close to her chest.

This was discovered:She is worth a cool 85 million ,ranked 14 among all female celebrities, even with her fairly slim resume.She is a very generous Red Cross Samaritan donating 2 million for the 911 attacks and the 2004 Asia tsunami,is married to Jesse James,the Motorcycle Maniac and is admittedly very much the control freak.

So no matter what, she has got a lot of positives going for her.
    My Las Vegas gambling guess:She is a conservative and pro 2A.
    Of course I've been wrong before.But this my tea leaf reading.
    "A man's got to know his limitations"

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Haven't seen the movie yet, but the book was excellent.

Michael Lewis, the author, has written about a variety of things. He stumbled on this story because he happened to be a school friend of Sean Tuohy.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.