Thread: NORAD is tracking Santa

NORAD is tracking Santa

He has finished up in Europe and is currently crossing the pond...you can track him here with your kids and liten to the live reports from NORAD.

http://www.noradsanta.org/
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. - The Declaration of Independance

I remember seeing some of this many years ago, disseminated to the news folks (no internet then, Al Gore had not invented it, or global warming). Glad to see there is still some fun Christmas spirit.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Smile

I think that NORAD tracking Santa is so COOL even if I never had children.

'A Christmas Story' is on TBS now about Ralphie and his BB gun! This movie repeats just like the other holiday movies on a few other stations.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/quotes

Catherine
    Closed Account

No lie folks, Christmas Eve 2003 we are out to sea, off the coast of Portugal at about 0130 the radar goes all screwey, and their is faint track on the threat warning receiver. Combat systems was manned up and promptly stood down. One of the wierdest things I ever saw.
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

Darn those sonic booms every Christmas Eve.
    Last edited by 230RN; December 25th, 2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Change four-letter word to... um... another four-letter word.
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

A vewwy Mewwy Chwistmas to all......

Now weahh is theat pesky wabbit?
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Apparently that started when a department store put a phone number on a flier saying it was Santa's. As it turned out, it was the phone number of a colonel at Norad, who started getting calls from kids asking if he was really Santa. He ran with it, not wanting to dash the kid's hopes, and so NORAD started tracking santa.,
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
    Yes, I am a Pro-Gun Democrat, but with a strong streak of libertarianism.
    Proud native of New Hampshire. Live free or Die!

Yes, that is so cool that NORAD can track Santa. Why can't our government track Osama?

Santa's on our side.