Thread: Another USA Today poll

Gunner,

Please, no disrespect intended, but this poll comes around every 3 to 6 months and has done so since 2007. That’s how old it is.

Incidently, Just what is the correct answer to this poll? (Hint) it is not as simple as you think.

However, we all know what we would like the answer to be.

Chris

Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security
    of a free State, the right of the People to keep and
    bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Gee willikers USA Today I don't know!

Gee willikers USA Today I don't know!
    In my opinion the correct answer is no. The Second Amendment give you nothing that you didn't have before it was written. Show me where it gives you anything? It doesn't, it only says the Federal Government can't infringe on what you do.

Michael

Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?
    No, it doesn't.
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Show me where it gives you anything? It doesn't, it only says the Federal Government can't infringe on what you do.
    I'll agree with this but for the purpose of this poll I'll answer yes. Since the Poll doesn't give me the option of saying that it is a Right that is basic to all Humans and is only protected by the 2nd.

I think we can see from the Heller Decision that it applies to individuals according to a majority of SCOTUS.

That poll seems to be doing quite a bit better than the "news" paper itself.
    No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death.

by 2RCO
    I'll agree with this but for the purpose of this poll I'll answer yes. Since the Poll doesn't give me the option of saying that it is a Right that is basic to all Humans and is only protected by the 2nd.

I think we can see from the Heller Decision that it applies to individuals according to a majority of SCOTUS.
    While I would love to be able to agree, with the cases coming before the Supreme Court next year, I find it difficult. While Heller was a victory, the SC, without going outside the Constitution, could have come to the same decision while STAYING WITHIN the Constitution itself. By not doing so, they have opened the floodgates for the States/Cities taking up much of their valuable time which could/should have been better served elsewhere. In my opinion, much of the valuable resources of the NRA are being devoted to these cases when the Supreme Court could have settled it with Heller, but failed miserably.

Make no mistake. The Second amendment is a Prohibition......repeat......Prohibition on the Federal Government. Nothing more, nothing less. Early next year, we can hope that the Supreme Court will decide this Prohibition applies to States and Cities as well.

Chris

Hmmm. Convince the masses that the 2nd Amendment is what grants them the right to bear arms, then when the .gov pulls an end around and invalidates the 2nd A, whether thru legislative or judicial maneuver, the masses will be more inclined to accept that if the .gov can grant the right, they can also take it away.

I think USA Today knew exactly how they wanted this poll worded, and exactly the results they wanted to see, and it looks like everyone obliged them and played right into their hands.
    “As long as we allow an individual right to trump public safety, families are going to lose their loved ones…"
    - Kristin Comer, Executive Director, Washington CeaseFire

Lord help us -- not the 2007 USA Today poll again. Will you people PLEASE look at the dates of the polls you post?

New rule -- every member who posts a thread with this poll in it owes Oleg $20.
    It's 2 AM....do you know where your rights are?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -- Douglas Adams

megaboraphobia n. The fear of large calibers

I have not seen this one yet . Thanks for posting it Gunner.

Closed, this has been posted many times in the past.