Thread: Beretta 92FS Made in Italy vs. made in USA

Beretta 92FS Made in Italy vs. made in USA

I was told there are differences between the made in the USA and the made in Italy models. Any truth to this? Anyone know what the differences would be? BTW.... I love shooting this thing!!

No differences in function/parts are interchangable. There are some differences in markings (the Italian ones don't carry the US lawyer markings), and some people claim differences in finish/fit; the US ones getting the plus for fit, the Italian for finish. For all intents, they're the same.
    "In survival, you seize the high ground and set up a machine gun nest." Hardware on THR.us 1/7/10

Actually, if you're referring to the "Read manual before use" etc on the dustcover, the newer Italian ones have it also. Other than that, what he said is correct.

This same subject is a current thread on the Beretta Forum. The consensus seems to be that the guns are essentially identical, other than markings. Many claim the finish on the Italian models is nicer than on the USA-made guns. Most seem to favor the Italian-made guns for various reasons. Many others see no significant differences at all.

her ein italy have a lot of beretta Mod 98fs mwith stamped on "made in usa "..
    just because the handgun med ein italy are for the italian alw enforcemnt agencies and military force..
    don't hate the player, hate the game

Back when the US made pistols first came out, I got one to compliment my Italian made Compact. IMHO, it was nasty. Rough finish, rough trigger. It was traded. Hopefully, the newer ones are better but I sure wasn't impressed with the one I had.

the old 92sb and fisrt batch of 92/98F is a lot better finisch that today 92/98FS..
    the recent production gun have trigger, spring rod and some other part made in polimeric plastic....

As has been noted on the other board, the polymer guide rod was an "upgrade" requested by the US military....not simply a cheap cost-saving measure.
    "Do ordinary things extraordinarily well"

OIF vet 2003
    OEF vet 2007

ah..and upgrade of what?..
    the italian military and police force use the 92 handgun by three decades and never need such upgrade..
    when i was in servece as army amorer i see a lot of 92 but never onehave a trouble on the metallic sping rod..
    and some were well abused..

Get one of each! Then let us know!
    -The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those that will work and give to those that would not.
    -Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

My understanding is that it was for cycling reliability in the dirty/dusty environment.
    "Do ordinary things extraordinarily well"

OIF vet 2003
    OEF vet 2007

The only gripes I've really heard either way was 1) The whole slide stop thing, I believe that has been fixed for some time and 2) The 92/96 is a great duty gun pressed into service as a military sidearm where it doesn't really need to be in comparison with other options (I hope I haven't started a 1911 debate here).
    -The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those that will work and give to those that would not.
    -Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.