+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Parks Carry FAQ

To be more specific,I go to North Carolina twice a year summer and New Year's every year. I truly love the state,

But the road signs are terrible and the gun laws are worse.A lot of work needs to be done. Of course it's not Illinois or New Jersey.But for a Southern state it's extremely restrictive.

That said,I'm a honorary NC Tarheel til I die.

As one who lives on the NC/VA border, I used to spend more time shopping in NC than VA. Part of the reason I no longer do so is the rediculous list of OL places in NC.

The darn list is so long it would be simpler just to list places you can carry.
    Right on the money,Mr Blur!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Bob,all NC National Forest's are posted. NO FIREARMS.I WAS JUST THERE! In both Pisgah and Natahala.
    See this from handgun law:

Capiche?
    Here's what the law actually says:

Quote Originally Posted by http://ncrules.state.nc.us/ncac/title%2015a%20-%20environment%20and%20natural%20resources/chapter%2009%20-%20division%20of%20forest%20resources/subchapter%20c/15a%20ncac%2009c%20.1243.html
    15A NCAC 09C .1243 FIREARMS
    No person except authorized forest law enforcement officers of the department, or any other sworn law enforcement officer shall carry or possess firearms of any description or air guns or pellet guns, on or upon Educational State Forest or State Forests. Properly licensed hunters that meet the requirements of Rule .1233 of this Section, or persons meeting the requirements of the NC Wildlife Resources Commission Rules applicable to Educational State Forests or State Forests, are exempt from this Rule.
    Maybe NC is so screwed up they don't need a law to prosecute you...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" —Kenny Rogers

Maybe NC is so screwed up they don't need a law to prosecute you.
    Oh,confusion reigns in NC for sure.Even Gary Slider of handgunlaw.us is not 100% sure of what the asinine Tarheel pols mean.See his comment here:

Gary Slider
    March 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
    dirt_j00,

I am not 100% positive but very close. The Federal Government does not have any laws concerning carrying firearms in National Forests. The Feds have rules about shooting firarms in National Forests. Not across roads and into caves. National Forests go by the laws of the state the National Forest is in on carrying firarms in them. So if the state allows or disallows carrying firarms in their State Forests I believe it also applies to the National Forests in that State. Since the States take care of things in them and the feds just assist in many cases.

Again I am not 100% sure but If the state has State Forests as off limits then I will not carry in a National Forest in that state. I believe you would be in violation of their laws. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    But when you you enter these National Forests in NC and look at the Park Rules Boards all are posted No Firearms.I was at 3 different lake sites in Natahala and one area,Sliding Rock in Pisgah and all are posted.And Sliding Rock, north of Brevard had an armed officer patrolling.

And remember this from the NC OL areas:
     Where notice of carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement. §14-415.11(c)
    So all I can say is 'Caveat Emptor' when you carry in a NC National Forest.

Problem with NC is that the National Forests are also classified as state wildlife mangament areas. Intill they change the restriction of carrying on WMA, CCW carry is banned there. They are afraid people are going to poach game.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

Problem with NC is that the National Forests are also classified as state wildlife mangament areas. Intill they change the restriction of carrying on WMA, CCW carry is banned there. They are afraid people are going to poach game.
    Thank you for that clarification, Combat Diver.

6. January 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM

+ Reply to Thread