Thread: Any Kel-Tec RFB availability?

Any Kel-Tec RFB availability?

Kel-Tec took out a 1/2 page ad in the latest American Rifleman (image by Oleg). I can't help but notice that there are zero for sale on gunbroker and gunsamerica. Are these rifles actually available? An if not (as it appears to be), why bother taking out an ad at this point? Anyone know what the deal is on this rifle?
    :(

Do not know for certain regarding the RFB, but most firearm companies advertise many months if not years before the product is available.

An excellent example would be the Berretta Neos Carbine kit. It is about 4 years late according to the advertising.

I hope the become available soon I am quite interested myself.

Best wishes

NukemJim
    " Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at. "

I saw a few out in the wild ( gunshow) a few weeks ago. They are shipping, it seems.
    "ours is not to wonder why,
    ours is but to shoot the guy.

GSGT RD, USMC circa 1982

They're out, ( I have one ), but they're hard to get ahold of one right now.

They're out, ( I have one ), but they're hard to get ahold of one right now.
    What did you pay for yours, if you don't mind me asking?

I would like to know also mahnmut . Did you order it or did somebody have one in stock?

MSRP is $1880.00

Dealer cost is $1,189.66

plus shipping

anywhere in the middle would great.

I paid 1550 for mine. I got lucky, walked in right as the doctor who ordered it refused to pay 12% over the dealers invoice.
    I got the dealers attention next and snapped it up before anybody else could get their mitts on it.

12% is a very reasonable markup. But if jcjacobv is right about dealer cost, the markup on that rifle was $360.34 over the dealer cost of $1189.66 which is 30.1%. Maybe that is cost to the distributor. Perhaps your dealer's cost was higher. In any case, I would probably go in for that amount. I have yet to see one appear around here.

I paid $1250:
    THIS IS CHARLESTON COMMAND POST WITH A DEFINITE PURPOSE LAUNCH DIRECTIVE, ALL CREWS REPORT “READY TO TAXI”.

Holy huge scope, Batman. Is that a night vision scope?

My RFB was purchased through CDNN, they tend to get what the market can bear on new items. On this one, I can't blame them for wanting a bit more than dealer cost.

Holy huge scope, Batman. Is that a night vision scope?
    That's one of the TA55 ACOG's. 5.5x X 50. Not NV, but Tritium lighted reticle.

And probably cost more then the rifle.

That's one of the TA55 ACOG's. 5.5x X 50. Not NV, but Tritium lighted reticle.

And probably cost more then the rifle.
    dogmush is correct that it's a TA55A (although he should have used 'than' instead of 'then' ). It cost about as much as the gun. While it's not NV, the large objective lens really sucks in the light. I don't foresee a time when I'd need to shoot at something in the total darkness, but for dusk conditions it rocks.
    THIS IS CHARLESTON COMMAND POST WITH A DEFINITE PURPOSE LAUNCH DIRECTIVE, ALL CREWS REPORT “READY TO TAXI”.