Thread: What is Mayor Richard Daley drinking? - Dave workman

What is Mayor Richard Daley drinking? - Dave workman

Dave gives us his thoughts on the "honorable" Mayor Dailey's recent statements

What is Mayor Richard Daley drinking?

Hizzonner is going off half-cocked about McDonald v. City of Chicago

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seatt...resso-or-latte

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ycgwvmb

around here we say : "don't know, but he's using good dope "
    Swiss gun collector and shooter.. and proud of it !
    Geneva is not about conventions. It's where I live ;)

There is a fascinating article about Mayor Daley in the current New Yorker.

I like this Judge Napolitano guy. He said exactly what I have maintained all along -- the 2nd Amendment applies to the states even without incorporation, simply because of the language. He uses the same example I use: The 1st Amendment specifically says that "the Congress" shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, ...

The 2nd Amendment doesn't mention the Congress.

The 4th Amendment says The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against "unreasonable" searches and seizures, shall not be violated, So the old dudes were familiar with the concept of allowing "reasonable" something, while prohibiting "unreasonable" something.

Again, there is no mention of "reasonable" regulation in the 2nd Amendment. It is what it is -- it's a blanket prohibition against infringing the right of the People to keep and bear arms. A regulation is an infringement, pure and simple.

It's a mystery how so many allegedly intelligent people can so consistently confuse and contort such a straightforward statement.

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    What is Mayor Richard Daley drinking? - Dave workman
    Single malt made in seanmháthair's bath tub.

I don't think he is afraid of guns so much as he is free people, (citizens), and he knows criminals won't vote against him. A gun friendly mayor would allow the gun bans to go away and a free people would stop voting for who they are told to vote for and vote for who they think might be good for them. Criminals know that a gun friendly mayor not only makes their job description more dangerous than it already is but their life on the street will take a whole new meaning. If they are so busy looking out for their back side they might run into something they cannot talk their way out of by being the only one in the conversation with a gun.

I would dearly love to see the indoor ranges in Chicago I used to shoot in get back into business and the few ranges left outside be protected from the nuisance lawsuits. I'll never shoot back down there again but I know some people still down there who have guns and they would like a place to shoot them without having to drive for an hour and a half. They know my place is available but I'm 4 hours from them in good traffic and gas isn't getting cheaper.

Daley reminds me a wee bit of Rangle, not the pervert side but the corrupt side and things are beginning to unravel.
    1934 – National Firearms Act, 1968 – The Gun Control Act, 1986 – Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 – Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 – Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 – Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Why is it that those who have an irrational fear of guns try their damnest to ban all guns, instead of just not buying a gun, not hang around gun ranges or shops?

Although I can't remember who wrote it on another thread, I belive they were right when they commented that Mayor Daley wasn't afraid of guns in particular (he does have a well trained and armed security detail), just of free (and armed) people not under his control.

Illinois certainly seems to draw politicians that don't always fire on all cylinders. Blagojevich clearly demonstrated it too. To me neither just has a different political opinion than mine, they're just plain loons. I'm not convinced that the heart of the issue has ever crossed his mind. I think its more likely that the king is mad that he's losing a little control over his kingdom, especially such an long standing thing.
    Every social movement (*snip*) that tries to break the bonds of mindless convention and tradition and that defies established privilege gets accused of being rude and worse, much worse, and there are always weak apologists for the status quo who use that pathetic etiquette excuse to try and silence the revolutionaries. Successful revolutionaries ignore the admonitions about which fork to use for their salad because they care only to grab the steak knife as they launch themselves over the table. -- Richard Dawkins

I like this Judge Napolitano guy.
    Check out his 3 videos below:
    Judge Andrew Napolitano Natural rights Patriot Act - Part 3 of 3
    Pay particular attention to the tale starting at the 1:57 mark!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n2m-...ayer_embedded#

Judge Andrew Napolitano Natural Rights and PATRIOT ACT Part 2 of 3
    Your elected officials at work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjhNZ...eature=related

Judge Andrew Napolitano Natural Rights and The Patriot Act part 1 of 3
    History repeats itself (The King of England allows his minions to write their own search warrants against the colonists-just like The Patriot Act)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1P53...om=PL&index=15
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

What is Mayor Richard Daley drinking?

Lake Michigan.

Seems to be a common problem with all most many some of these highly-placed Chicagoans.

Lake Michigan remains the main source of water in the metropolitan area. In 1900, the Sanitary District of Chicago completed the 28-mile Sanitary and Ship canal to reverse the flow of the Chicago River away from Lake Michigan, thereby improving the quality of lake water. Canada as well as neighboring states opposed the diversion of Lake Michigan water, and Supreme Court decisions limited the amount of Lake Michigan water that could be diverted into the Sanitary and Ship Canal (1930) and the water supply for Illinois communities (1967). As a result, the amount of water which any community in the state may draw from Lake Michigan is regulated by the Illinois Department of Transportation's Division of Water Resources. Because of these legal limitations on Illinois' use of Lake Michigan water, new allocations come at the expense of existing users and contribute to the continuing highly charged debate about water in the Chicago area.

http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohisto...ages/1325.html
    Maybe they ought to start collecting clean, pure, natural rainwater for all most many some of these highly-placed Chicagoans.

The trouble is that these debilitating effects due to the water seem to take place at an early age, since even moving to places like Washington D.C. as adults does not cure the mental ravages from the water.

Since it seems there's "something in the water," perhaps we ought to start an RKBA program whereby we send bottles of distilled water to any Chicago women who are pregnant or with small children and have ambitions for the kids to attain high political office. Of course, this presumes that these potential-high-office-holder mommas reside near Chicago.

Or at least in the United States.

As opposed to, oh, let's say, just for the sake of illustration, ummm, let's see... oh, I got it...Kenya.

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

I don't believe it has anything to do with the water...

I have been drinking NYC water for as long as I can remember, how come I never had one elitist thought before?

I always knew Mayor Daley was nuts. But now after reading his most recent rants, this fellow seems to be off his meds. No touch with reality, whatsoever.
    MEMBER OF THE ORDER OF THE CONFEDERATE ROSE
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

^
    Noo Yawk City water comes mostly from Croton Reservoir, not Lake Meshugana Michigan.

Having lived in NYC and Long Island for most of my childhood, the water did not seem to aff...affe...a...affiffa...<strikes forehead> affect me at all, eith...ththth...eithethethe... <strikes forehead> either.

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Daley is drinking political survival. The right to keep and bear votes. Been at it so long that Me thinks he believes the lies spoken from his lips.
    It is my choice still to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic even after the military.

Off his stump or not, this guy is in FULL control of the political machine that has a hold of ALL of Illinois. He had no fear of the Feds even when his opposition is in office, you think he's going to fear enforcement of McDonald with his house slave in the White House?