Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rossi Circuit Judge

Rossi Circuit Judge

Anyone seen the Circuit Judge yet? Blued, 18.5 inch rifled or smoothbore barrel and a weight of about 4.75 lbs.

http://www.rossiusa.com/2010newcatalog/?catalog_page=4

I have no need for one of these but I sure do want one!

Mods feel free to move this but what subforum does it belong in? Rifles? Shotguns? Revolvers, because of the cylinder?
    I repeat - some people are just itching to get their panties in a wad about something. And this is why I normally stay out of Legal. <sigh>
    Don't think we are going to take your handguns from you, were just going to limit the number of rounds they will hold. orchidhunter

Interesting. It looks like they've put a shield at the end of the cylinder, to allow you to use the fore-end without getting blasted by the cylinder-gap gases.

That looks like one heckuva skeet gun there. If I already had all the other guns on my "To Buy" list I would be looking into these. Too bad a S&W 500 mag is in line before this.
    -"Who's that jerk who calls himself GoWolfpack?"

-"I'm that Jerk!"

Quote wolfpack
    "Too bad a S&W 500 mag is in line before this."

The levergun or the pistol?

I've seen pictures of a Russian Revolver rifle that had similar shields on both sides of the cylinder. It was a little better looking as I recal. I can't remember the name, though.

Edit: Found it, it is the MTs 225.
    http://www.kbptula.ru/eng/sphu/hunt/mts255.htm

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
    Yes, I am a Pro-Gun Democrat, but with a strong streak of libertarianism.
    Proud native of New Hampshire. Live free or Die!

I have been wanting this since I heard of it from the shot show.

Definetly the rifled barrel for 45 colt and the federal OOO Buck 410 handgun load. This 410 load groups the 4 pellets within 3 inches at 14 yards from the pistol version

5 shots with the federal load from a 3" barrel at 14 yards:
    Attachment 89482

They chronyed at 835fps on adverage. So basically four 36 precussion ball rounds hitting at once within 3".
    Before a caliber war erupts I would like to say that Jesse James seemed to use a 36 percussion quite well.

From a 18.5" barrel the energy should be even better
    Last edited by mesinge2; September 29th, 2010 at 11:30 PM.
    "There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box".
    - Stephen Decatur Miller (May 8, 1787 March 8, 1838)

The MTs255 in 20 gauge is one of the most wonderful things I've seen in terms of shotguns.
    Doug Wojtowicz, author, and cranky, amnesiac, but loyal Ogre hordesman.

My books.

I'm hoping Gunblast does a test of it soon, it would be nice to see how accurate it is with .45 rounds. I've also been wondering if there might be another version coming out in .357.
    I repeat - some people are just itching to get their panties in a wad about something. And this is why I normally stay out of Legal. <sigh>
    Don't think we are going to take your handguns from you, were just going to limit the number of rounds they will hold. orchidhunter

Quote wolfpack
    "Too bad a S&W 500 mag is in line before this."

The levergun or the pistol?
    I'm up in the air between the 8 3/8" and the 10" pistol. The 500 mag is below a Garand on the list, but it's definitely there.

The Taurus looked pretty sweet, until I saw that MTs 225. Jeez, now I'll have to get them both I guess. Anybody know if that Russian job is available in the US?
    -"Who's that jerk who calls himself GoWolfpack?"

-"I'm that Jerk!"

It's interesting to me that The Judge (both handgun versions) is offered under the Taurus nameplate, but they elected to bring this one out under the Rossi banner. I wonder why?

It's interesting to me that The Judge (both handgun versions) is offered under the Taurus nameplate, but they elected to bring this one out under the Rossi banner. I wonder why?
    I think that Taurus is going to make Rossi their rifle and shotgun line and save "Taurus" for pistols and revolvers.
    "There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box".

wow a squirell gun and deer rifle all in one.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how the shield is supposed to work.

Sooner or later, the gases have to go either frontward or backward or upward or outward or somewhereward.

Does it redirect them into the inside of the forend or something? The Russian one looks as if the shield is supposed to ride over the cylinder, but it doesn't look like it in Dewey's photo. And even if it does, sooner or later, the gases have to go somewhere, and in that one it looks like they go back at the shooter anyhow.

I also wonder how close-fitting the shield has to be. If it's real close, sooner or later it looks like gook and goo from firing will accumulate and jam the cylinder.

Pardon my iggerance.

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Sooner or later, the gases have to go either frontward or backward or upward or outward or somewhereward.

Does it redirect them into the inside of the forend or something? The Russian one looks as if the shield is supposed to ride over the cylinder, but it doesn't look like it in Dewey's photo. And even if it does, sooner or later, the gases have to go somewhere, and in that one it looks like they go back at the shooter anyhow.

I also wonder how close-fitting the shield has to be. If it's real close, sooner or later it looks like gook and goo from firing will accumulate and jam the cylinder.

Pardon my iggerance

Those are very good questions.
    I would be interested to actually see the weapon in action.

Pardon my iggerance.
    I didn't think of that... I have no idea. Could the gases, say, stay inside the shield, and then dissipate when you open it up to reload? Or am I totally misunderstanding the principals involved?
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Could the gases, say, stay inside the shield, and then dissipate when you open it up to reload? Or am I totally misunderstanding the principals involved?
    My CZ hammer coach gun kind of does that, after I remove the two fired shells there is a wall of smoke that pours out of the breach.
    In my gun it causes the weapon to heat rather quickly, could be a problem...

I don't know if it is the same concept or not, but the gases may be trapped in the chambers, barrel, and shield.

Administrator   
    It's one of those firearms that has no burning purpose other than I WANNA... and I do, that would be a lot of fun. Would be cool if they made it in a 20 ga smoothbore version...
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

I didn't think of that... I have no idea. Could the gases, say, stay inside the shield, and then dissipate when you open it up to reload? Or am I totally misunderstanding the principals involved?
    Perhaps I don't quite understand how this contraption is configured but ... isn't there a barrel that's open on one end? The whole point of "gases" is to use the pressure to propel the bullet. Where do the gases go in a semi-automatic handgun? Where do they go in a Nagant revolver with a gas seal system?

All the shield has to do is block or divert the spurt of flame at the instant of firing, because otherwise the wrist or forearm of the support hand would get some nasty burns.

What about lefties...?
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

What about lefties...?
    I would imagine that it has a shield on the other side as well.

They should have just used the Nagant system for the cylinder gap issue. I'd actually love a modern Nagant in a more powerful cartridge.
    Sic semper tyrannis

Last edited by mesinge2; March 7th, 2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: All of a sudden the link in not working, grrrr...

They should have just used the Nagant system for the cylinder gap issue
    Would that work with plastic or paper shotshells?

They should have just used the Nagant system for the cylinder gap issue
    Would that work with plastic or paper shotshells?
    The shot shell would probably open into the barrel and lock-up the action

Rossi should go with the Raging Judge frame, 7 shots and with the ability to load up to 3 inch magnums and .454 Casull a lot of people would buy this gun.

I still really want one but am considering putting money down on a used Ruger Blackhawk in .357. I have no need for one but the price is pretty good and I can hold off on a M92 in .357 for a while.